journaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

journaling

I'm currently working on a journal to give to my SO after we close the distance. Since we live in diff time zones and our schedules are different we wont get to talk much during the week. So I started a journal that is basically all letters to him, and I put pictures, lyrics, poems, etc in it too. Like a chronicle of our LDR. I thought it would make a nice gift plus we can keep it forever so someday maybe our kids can read it or something. Plus it keeps my head clear as I write everything down. Anyone else do something like this? Feel free to use the idea too. I picked a hardcover journal that has an elastic strap on it and is my favorite color.

I thought about doing something similar, but I very much dislike my handwriting so I would never be able to get the journal as perfect as I'd like.

Comment

I started something like this a few months ago, i semi keep up with it, its in a tiny little notepad book thing, and i write my feelings in it or doodle a bit, i plan to give it to him when he's here
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I started something similar and I was writing in it religiously but it turned into something that seemed more like venting so I decided to keep it for myself... its better for our relationship

Comment

Haha I thought of that too. I nay have to read the whole thing before I give it to him

Comment

I did a version of this with an ex-boyfriend. I would keep a journal of all of our adventures (we were CD) and every month on our monthiversary he would get to read through it, and he would usually make an entry or two before giving it back. At the end of our relationship I gave it to him --- we ended very amiably. It was almost like a collection of love letters that I wrote for him. Some of my best work went into that book.
            Why do you wait for me?
            How do you wait for me?
            I'm lost and alone without you here in my arms.
            I'm lost and alone without you here by my side.
            Here's a song for you, lovely
            Remember that it's for you only, for you only.
            My heart is caught in a landslide
            And it beats for you only, for you only.

-"My Lovely" by Eisley

Comment

I'd had a journal going before I found this forum. My blog on here has pretty much replaced it. I wasn't going to show my SO the journal, because a lot of it was me writing about my insecurities and missing him...I think it'd make him sad and maybe feel bad if he read it. I didn't bash him in it, I just wrote how I was feeling about everything.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I started something similar and I was writing in it religiously but it turned into something that seemed more like venting so I decided to keep it for myself... its better for our relationship
                haha yeah i do that too sometimes. because i was trying to write him daily, and some days he frustrates me so i would write it all out to him and vent. I was going to pull those pages out, but i thought nah he might as well see my angry side too. but the hard part for me is keeping up with it. i write for a few days then forget to for a week or more. ehh
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

I love this! I might get one and start writing in it every day to give to him in a few months. Maybe a 100 days of true love book?

Comment

I love this idea!! thank you for sharing! ))

Comment

We having been keeping all of our notes, letters, receipts, etc and are making a book out of them, at the end of this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X