Enjoy it while you can!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy it while you can!

My SO and I closed the distance about half a year ago. Since we have been together at last after a year and a half being 6,000 miles apart, we both relished in our company, spending every waking moment together.
    My parents now live in Florida, maybe about 400 miles away. At the moment I've been away from my SO again for about 2 months vacationing with my parents in Florida. To the point, I realized all the things LDRs have to make things special; I kinda miss that. I miss sharing videos with each other, looking forward to the next time we'll get to webcam, looking forward to when his gifts and packages will arrive and just stuff like that. Not saying being together finally is definitely enough to make up for that and is infinitely special in itself, but those little things we really awesome aren't they? Aside from the pain and those difficulties, LDRs really have a special bond because of this.
    Anyway, just some thoughts I wanted to share. All of you who are still in the distance, enjoy those little things that make it all worth it. Enjoy the moment.
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

I agree, I miss some of the things from a LDR as well. Like getting a lovely text in the middle of my day or a naughty email, seeing his smile on the web cam... There's nothing like coming home to him but those little things were really nice!

Comment

The distance is so hard on us that I don't think I'm going to miss anything. Although, I do love that feeling you get from that first touch after being apart for so many months.

Comment

People in general realize the beauty/importance/(however you wanna call it) of certain things after they don't have them anymore. And I know what you mean by the "looking forward to" some activities or such - the anticipation of seeing the one you love gives you this tingling sensation of happiness.

Comment

I know there are certain things I will miss such as:
          - Knowing there is a parcel coming in the mail for me. Being able to open letters from her.
          - Getting excited for our skype dates.
          - The emails I wake up to every morning.
          - The excitement of a visit! Especially for us our visits are quite a big deal as it is a very big plane ride, over 24 hours.
          - Looking forward to being together after such a long time apart.

Stuff like that.

But being together will definitely beat all of that! <3 but will still miss those little things.

Comment

There are some things I do miss, like being able to surprise him with a care package or a letter, or the cute texts we'd send. Though, I LOVE being able to see each other any time and being able to cuddle, hug and kiss him whenever we want to. But, we will be back to LD in late August...it's going to be hard to go back, but we KNOW we can do this.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

As I only have a couple more weeks of LD...I can appreciate this post..and I have thought about all these things in the past few weeks!! Thank you for sharing!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

i still talk with him on skype even being cd. haha
                when he is driving sometimes he gets online on his ipad to talk with me, so we still talk on webcam, still send emails and all that.
                and you know what? i dont miss the distance not even for one second.
                though i have to agree the only thing that is missable (is that a word? lol)
                is that first touch after a long time non seen, like Nani said
                our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

The only things that come to mind that I'll miss about this distance is sending Joe "good morning" e-mails (which I can still do when we live together, lol) and the anticipation of seeing him pull into my driveway or picking me up at the train station.

Comment

I do love the sweet cards and letters, and looking forward to skype time and visits....
                    But I imagine closing the distance will be lovely too.

First Met Online: October 2010
                    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Just a thought, to those who miss care packages and such but why not just secretly mail something to your house for them? It'll be a surprise and a good reminder of the trials you've made it through. ^^

Notes:
                      Met: 8.17.09
                      Started Dating: 8.20.09
                      First Met: 10.2.10
                      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

^That is an adorable idea....

Not that I'm anywhere near closing the distance yet

First Met Online: October 2010
                        First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                        Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                        First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                        Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                        Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                        Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                        Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

That's what I was thinking... I mean seriously, I think Im gonna be doing it!
                          Me and my SO were going from LD to 3 months long visits (and it always felt like we were never separated after couple of days), while both of us had our normal life going on... - i think we were texting more during the time when we weren't together than when we are apart! and we would leave goodmorning letters if the other one was asleep when we had to leave the house, we would leave each other presents hidden around the house, or bake cookies.. and what not! I dont know about skype and webcam, but I think I sent him an email couple of times too, even though I knew Id be only few steps away when he'd be reading it.. And wait for him to come home from work - I already was longing to see him after few hours!

See. The fun things dont have to end!

Good attitude though, look for the bright sides in LDR. ;D

Comment

This is a very sweet post. As much as I can't wait to be CD, I am learning to be more present and "in the moment." I know us being LD will only make us stronger when we are physically together again. I love my cards, flower, packages, etc. It's the little things in life!

Thanks for sharing this.
                            Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Working...
                            X