Private Blog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Blog!

Me and my boyfriend are 5 months into a 20 month long distance relationship. I am in South Korea and he is in South Africa. This means we have a 7 hour time difference. Luckily I start work late so we normally skype my midnight - his 5pm. Can't always be for long though.

To help him feel close to me, and vice versa, I have started a blog just for him. Everyday I post a letter, photos and thoughts, he can read it like an online journal.

I also discovered https://stumbleupon.com you type in your interests and find loads of amazing sites, videos and pictures. I've added both our interests so I can share with him the cool things I find.

This is one of the cool things I found on stumble upon:
    https://thephotocabine.com

I added the below photo from the photo cabin site on my blog!

The blog idea is really good, but I don't know if I'll be using that. Firstly, it's because my SO isn't that fluent in the english language and it's our main language in which we converse, secondly he isn't much of a reader and lastly I'm a lazy writer. I have tons of ideas and most of them that get acted on will be discarded after while simply because I get too busy or am too lazy to get it done....

The stumbleupon and photocabine thing are cool, so thanks for telling!!! I especially liked the photocabine and I think my SO will love it too!

Comment

I kinda did the same thing but instead of a blog I did a real journal. I think its a great idea...really gives them something to do and read so that they catch up. Mine im giving to him when its filled.

Comment

This is an old thread but I was wanting to know what sites you use for private blogs? I was thinking of making one for my SO but want it so just he and I can read it.

Comment

I think this is a lovely idea! I'm not great at keeping a blog or journal (and that's an understatement...), but maybe if I was writing for my SO I'd have more success

Comment

This is a bit late but most blog sites have an option to be "password protected" so that only the people who know the password can see it. I know for a fact Tumblr has this feature, so maybe give that a try?

Comment

Working...
            X