Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matching Tattoo's?

I think this fits in this topic lol
    ever think about or actually get a matching tattoo with your SO?
    Me and my SO wanna get one and I have a design in mind that she really likes and i love it.

So if you have wanted to or actually gotten one, if you would, share what you plan on getting or have gotten

our idea is , curved phrase at the top that says "Forever & Always" (i tell her i love her forever and always )
    then under that would be an orthodox cross. its a cross but it has three bars on it. ( just look it up lol)
    then under we would eventually put the date we got married

id also like to hear other options for mine and her tattoo

I've done this! I got my boyfriend's name and he got my nickname.

The location worked for us because lip tattoos fade if you don't touch them up... like if we broke up. As you can see it's a bit blurry and fade-y already and I got it in March.

A long time ago, right after we started dating, we talked about what kind of tattoos we would get that symbolized each other and I remember him saying that we would get a patch of blue leopard print on his arm as that was the shirt I was wearing when we met.

I think what really matters is that you get something that means something to the both of you and is special to you.

Comment

I think it's a bad idea. That's all I have to say about that. haha

Comment

This is no different than any type of couple getting matching tattoos. I would never do it. I want our love to last, but I'll do it by showing it, not by a tattoo.
        But that's just me People have different views on this and I respect that.

On the other side, my SO and I have the "Love knows no distance" bracelets and we absolutely love them and never take them off. I think matching bracelets is the better way to go! :P

Comment

I love the idea, but absolutely no names! Heh. I'd want to get something I'd get anyway; perhaps matching swallows, as swallows are known for loyalty to their mates and traveling long distances to be with one another (such as returning to Capistrano each year).

Comment

Two words...Hell no. And I already have tattoos. There are just too many people walking around with tattoos they regret, when they were positive they'd be together forever and ever. After two divorces, I've learned my lesson on that one, but too each his own
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Not my thing! I'm not a fan of tattoos anyway. I'd rather have clear, untouched skin.

Comment

If was married I wouldn't get matching tattoos with my partner. I think it is an even more horrible idea to get one with someone you've only been dating a short while or even a long time. It doesn't prove you love them anymore, wear matching jumpsuits at least one of you can reverse it if things go south.

Comment

i love tattoos and my SO does too, but we would NEVER ever get matching tatts...but i can understand the feeling to want something which reminds you always and every day of our love...(actually my SO and I don't get matching tatts BUT we get matching piercings )

Comment

Me and my SO are. We're going to get 'Pinky Promise' tattooed on our pinky fingers in Japanese Also once we're married we are going to get eachothers names tattooed >.<

Comment

On the other side, my SO and I have the "Love knows no distance" bracelets and we absolutely love them and never take them off. I think matching bracelets is the better way to go! :P
                      I totally agree! There's no difference between a tattoo's and bracelets that never come off

Comment

I think tattoos are awesome. I wouldn't get one that was symbolic of a relationship with someone though. Unless it was the relationship I have with my kids, that'd be the only case. I'd stick to some form of matching jewelry.
                        ♥Started talking online around: 10.31.09
                        Started getting serious on: 2.14.10
                        Met in person for the first time: 10.11.10
                        Closed the distance on 7.29.11 ♥

Comment

I had an idea of having matching tattoo's on my SO and I's finger instead of wedding rings as he hates jewellery. It was a completely off the cuff remark but the more i think about it the more i like it.
                          As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

My SO has never been inked. I have two tattoos, and actually one of them is a symbol of a friendship I have. My best friend is moving to North Carolina and we've been close friends forever. BUT, to keep ourselves from potentially regretting our decision in the future in case SOMETHING about our friendship doesn't work out, we got blacklight tattoos. These are completely invisible (after they heal) and only show up under blacklight (obviously). We are both at the age right now that we go to dance clubs and what not, so we actually do get to show them off quite a bit. However, they are NOT names. Her favorite flower is a daisy and mine is a rose. The stem is the same for each but I have the daisy for her, she has the rose for me. They are gorgeous and we absolutely adore them. Ya know how little girls always have secret messages between each other that no one else knows about? We see our tattoos like that. Hidden, secret, but we know about them and share them with each other

So, if you REALLY want to do something but are worried about them potentially being a bad idea, a blacklight tattoo or a white ink tattoo might be something you should look into. However, make sure you go to an artist that has done blacklight tattoos before and see if they can show you some sample art. Blacklight tats are a relatively new technique (around 10 years or so) and you can easily get an artist who states they can be good at them, however,...yeeeah. The ink is thinner and harder to apply. My artist had a blacklight on me the entire time he worked. Also, you need to make sure the artist isn't rough-handed with his application. The more gentle they are, the less amount of time you'll have to heal (visibly). Also, less chance for scarring. I had a friend who had a tattoo artist who was too rough and you can still see the scar of hers all the time. Mine is completely gone. Be warned though lol they look like a nasty wound shaped in a design when you first get it done.
                            Last edited by ashleecarol; July 18, 2011, 03:05 PM.

*~*~*Forever & Always*~*~*

Comment

I love tattoos, have one and plan on getting more, but I would never get a matching one with my SO or his name. We're engaged and plan on being together forever, but you never know. The only name I would get, as some one said earlier, would be when I have kids. I just think it's a bad idea. For me, anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X