How do you watch movies together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you watch movies together?

Hey guys! I've seen lots of posts about what movies & TV shows to watch together when you're LD, but... my SO & I aren't sure how to actually set that up. We use Skype, but could probably get access to something else.

Thanks so much in advance!

We watch movies at the same time on Netflix. Occasionally we talk on the phone during the movie but mostly we watch it alone (at the same time) and then talk about it after. Also synchtube.com you can use to watch Youtube videos and they do have a fair amount of movies on there that people have uploaded, you just have to watch it in parts.

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

We would both play the movie at the same time (or as close as we can get), one of us will mute the audio so we don't hear the echo.

Comment

My boyfriend and I watch tv shows together through netflix. We'll get on the phone and load the episode then count down to press play.

Comment

Yeah my SO and I watch movies on Netflix or we download them from torrents, or watch TV on hulu. We both wear headphones so we can't hear the other person's audio. We stop at say like... 3 seconds... and then say ONE... TWO... THREE! (or in whatever language we chose at the moment.) When commercials come on we re-sync (for hulu).

We do this every day all day so we got very good at it!
          <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

My SO and I have a movie website and what we do is we open MSN Messenger and turn on just the Microphones so we can talk to each other, then we count down and push play on the movie at the same time so we can fullscreen the movie and talk through it. It's pretty nice.

The only thing I don't like is when he makes me watch scary movies. :P I enjoy watching scary movies when I have someone to cling to, and just talking through mic isn't the same as actually being with someone. But otherwise we have little online movie dates all the time, and it's pretty great.

Comment

We just play the movie at the same time or at least try to get it in sync lol
              Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

If my connection allows it i make her follow my screen -through skype- and put my mic on, make sure my speakers are loud enough. Since i got double screen i can put our skype conversation on screen 1 and the movie on screen 2 (and make her watch screen 2) . So am able to see her on cam (so i can see her face expressions) and i'm able to watch the movie together with her.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE SMILEY View Post
                  If my connection allows it i make her follow my screen -through skype- and put my mic on, make sure my speakers are loud enough. Since i got double screen i can put our skype conversation on screen 1 and the movie on screen 2 (and make her watch screen 2) . So am able to see her on cam (so i can see her face expressions) and i'm able to watch the movie together with her.
                  Can you explain the thing about following your screen please?
                  Also, awesome avatar xD

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                  -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                  \

Comment

Originally posted by DemonxOisin View Post
                    Can you explain the thing about following your screen please?
                    Also, awesome avatar xD
                    Sure can :'D .

On skype you have a feature that makes you allow to share your screen. I have got no idea if you do have Skype, so ill try it to explain it the best way. Once you started a conversation on skype with your partner you (doesn't have to be video call) can click an option that is 'Share your screen'. I think a picture will explain everything better, so see below :')

The only sad thing about it is that your not able to show your webcam on skype while your sharing your screen, allthough you are able to watch your partner. But im sure you can fix that by starting a video call on MSN or anything (Ive never tried before, but sounds like an possible fix). Hope i did explain it well, my English isn't the best so im trying to explain it the best way.

And thanks!

Comment

sounds like a great idea! - I wish my BF liked to watch movies on the computer... but he doesn't! - I can try it with family and friends. Thanks for sharing Blue Smiley!

Comment

Thanks a lot blue smiley!

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                        -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                        \

Comment

Don't know if any of you guys have Xbox Live, but that is by far the best way to watch movies together. With Netflix you can watch movies in a party with multiple people. One person "controls the show" while the other watches along and it's completely in sync. So, if they pause it, it pauses for you as well. Plus with the headsets you can talk while watching, too. It's really awesome.

Comment

I do the same as Blue Smiley. But it all depends on how good the connection is.
                            Though it almost always work. And it's nice to talk and comment on the movie while we see it

When it doesn't work, we try watching a movie we both have, and try to sync it as much as we can.
                            Never tried opening another video call while using skype because I guess that will make his connection fail. (but I'll try it now )

Hope you get to see tons of movies!

Comment

Working...
                            X