Share a sunset/sunrise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share a sunset/sunrise

I took a picture of one close to my house- framed it and sent it to my S.O in Japan. (I'm in the US). This way.. we can always watch the sunset together no matter the time.. I also included a poem.
    “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
    ~Washington Irving

Aww that's really sweet It's a really romantic and cute present to send to your SO.

Comment

That's a pretty cute idea. I've never heard of that before~

Comment

This is the poem I wrote to go with it.. and included it on certificate parchment with its border.

The Sun of Love

Thousands of miles keep us apart
        But know that you are always in my heart
        Through both our worlds the sun does travel
        The Earth's mysteries it has unraveled

Its warm rays bring you the touch of my love
        Full of tenderness and passion undreamed of
        Let the light caress your skin as I might
        As the sun begins to fade into night

The future is unknown and distant
        But one thing is certain and consistent
        My love for you expands each day
        For which I cannot find the words to convey

These feelings, so deep and true
        Have only been brought about by you
        While we cannot stand side by side
        This sun we share is worldwide
        “There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
        ~Washington Irving

Comment

Double awwwwww xD That's REALLY cute and I must say, you're quite the poet haha

Comment

Thank you very much.. I write and paint.. allot and mainly.. most is his inspiration or life experiences... if you like that.. you may want to see some of my other work.. I have hopes of one day being published..

https://www.writers-network.com/inde...file&who=19934
            ~Washington Irving

Comment

That´s really cute! Thanks for the idea ^.^

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
              \

Comment

That's a really cute idea. I may try something like this sometime
                1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, then I am nothing."

LFAD Book Reading Challenge Goal: 26 books before January 2013
                Progress: 3/26
                Current Read: Genghis: Bones of the Hills by Conn Iggulden
                Next Read: Kahn: Empire of Silver by Conn Iggulden

Comment

We stargaze together while on the phone

Comment

Wow!!! That was an amazing poem! Such a good idea I might just steal it

Comment

Thank you - and you're welcome to use it.. name of author - Elizabeth Zimmerman.. some day maybe I'll get published! lol
                      ~Washington Irving

Comment

Really cute
                        Close together or far apart, you're forever in my heart.

I love you soooo much Luke

Comment

Thats such a great idea. One night I was out to go see a movie with my friends and the moon was huge and just beautiful! He was 9 hours away but in the same time zone so I called him and told him to go outside. He went outside and we just stared up at the same moon that was just amazing. It was a good moment. Simple but memorable.
                          Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                          X