Go through past emails / texts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go through past emails / texts

My girlfriend and I sometimes go through old emails we've sent each other, and some texts to if we happened to have saved them. It can be pretty funny or even eye-opening to see what each other said 1 or 2 years ago. "I like you so much" as I opposed to "I love you" now...haha. Anyone go through their email or text history with their SO?

Yeah, I recently went through some of our first conversations. His English was hilariously bad back then.

... I´m a terrible girlfriend.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
    -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
    \

Comment

i have saved the nicest texts i have got from him since i got my new phone.. Its nice to read over in a low point or just for a laugh too

Comment

I save all the nicest or sweetest texts from my boyfriend for pick me ups when I"m feeling down

Comment

well we've known each other 12 years.. and I sent the first love letter 10 years ago this month, and we both have that one. I send it to him every year. I have an archive of offline messages from him that I love to reread.. and he has the same. Unfortunately I've had several computer deaths in 12 years and various phone changes.. but we are lucky to have years of photo's and hotmail emails.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I have a record of nearly all of our conversations, and so does he. We re-read them sometimes, laughing again at jokes we cracked, smiling when we get to the soppy stuff I like reminiscing. It can be good fun

Comment

I save sweet texts and chat logs from adorable conversations! Every time I send him a letter, I write a second copy for me, so I can see what I wrote down the line. I've never reread them with Anthony, but I read them by myself sometimes. It makes me smile and it brings me back to the day that I had that particular conversation.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I have pretty much every single email he ever wrote, every AIM conversation we've ever had, every Skype conversation we've ever had, and ever text he's ever sent. I know, I'm a data packrat, lol...yeah, sometimes I go back over the old ones to see how different things are now compared to when we were first together.

I keep the texts on my phone so that if I'm having a bad day and he's not available, I read back over the sweet ones to feel reassured that things aren't so bad because I am loved.

Comment

I don't re-read them with Nathan but I do when I miss him alot. I'll go back and find specific conversations we've had, or just go back and look at things we said early in our relationship. Or now mainly what I do is re-read his letters he's sent me over the year, They always make me feel better and closer. So yeah I do this sometimes.
                  I love you Nathan <3
                  sigpic
                  5/25/09 <3

Comment

Actually, lately me and my fiance have been reading over our past yahoo, AIM, ICQ conversations and all our emails because we have to compile lots of relationship evidence to bring him here with a K-1 fiance(e) visa. We've been combing through them to pick the best ones to print for his interview in the US embassy in Moscow once our petition is approved, because if he took all of them in, it would require a small shopping cart probably. :P We've got a goal to print around 100 pages from each chat log. We've been also taking out the more explicit parts of our conversation - not *everything* sexy we've said has been removed (we've left in a lot of the "you're so sexy" type comments), but we figured it would be in better taste to erase the *really* dirty stuff because that's more private we feel and not some consulate officer's business. :P

It's so cool to read the very early conversations we were having, when we were developing feelings between us and were becoming more affectionate with each other, but were yet too shy to tell the other one how we felt. And it's really neat to watch the evolution of our relationship through these chats and emails. We don't do much text chatting these days with the exception of me signing into mobile AIM so that messages from him get forwarded to my phone as a text, and I can text him back and it goes to his AIM, so we can chat a little while I'm at work or out elsewhere, and save money because international texts are expensive. We mostly talk on Skype or use Skype to call each other on our phones. In the beginning his English was much less developed and he's insanely fluent now. And I hope one day to be just as fluent in Russian.

Comment

I have a couple of texts saved to my phone such as the first time he said "I miss you" (which is now code for I love you seeing as we haven't said that to each other yet even though we feel it) and also one time I texted something to him and his reply was, "Wow you have like no idea how good that made me feel, i got the butterflies now, God I miss you Jess!" It feels good to go back and read those knowing how good we make each other feel. Though I don't really need a reminder b/c he makes me feel great every day!

Comment

I do it when I miss him, too, not with him, but I would like to show him our first messages, because his chat history refreshed so many times till now.. I think I'm gonna do it when we see each other again.

Comment

I do it sometimes when I'm out somewhere and I'm bored. I still emails saved on my phone from a year ago, some even longer, so I'll read through them to keep busy.
                          "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

We've both saved all of our letters from one another... I'm a letter-writing maniac, so it'll be interesting to see, once we've closed the distance in another couple of years, how big a collection of my old letters he's gathered over the years. XD

Comment

Oh my gosh I love doing this! We were in high school together so we wrote each other notes constantly. I kept all of the ones from him, and when he moved he gave me all of the ones I had written to him, so now I have the entire collection! It's so funny to see how silly we were back then, just two teenagers in love. We began talking via MySpace (that was 7 years ago, so MySpace was the big thing, not Facebook) so I like to go back through those messages too. I wish I had the first few texts we went each other. I just remember smiling like an idiot every time I got one from him.
                              Ignore the Newbie status. This is a new account created by a once very active LFAD member and veteran long-distance lover. After several months away from the site, I'm back!
                              Old account name: Rach92g
                              This Is Us
                              Became A Couple: Friday, May 25th, 2007
                              Close Distance: May 2007 - June 2010
                              Long Distance (Georgia to California): June 2010 - February 2015
                              Long Distance (Georgia to Tennessee): February 2015 - Present
                              Got Engaged: May 8, 2015
                              Closing The Distance: ?

Comment

Working...
                              X