5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

My SO and I had a Skype date tonight! I thought it would be nice to eat something together again on webcam and so I found the 5 minute chocolate mug cake recipe again! Yes, you're only 5 minutes away from a chocolate cake so it's the perfect recipe for you and your SO.

Here's what you need (taken straight from the Facebook page):

4 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    A small splash of vanilla extract
    1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

Here's how my mug cake turned out:

... and here's my SO's mug cake:

Mine looks burnt compared to yours!!! But it wasn't!! ...much. It tastes good!

Comment

this looks like so much fun! thanks for sharing
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Yum! I did this with my SO but I added a tablespoon of nutella to ours..it was amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Madge View Post
          Yum! I did this with my SO but I added a tablespoon of nutella to ours..it was amazing!
          Awesome idea! I have Nutella, but completely forgot about it. I simply added chocolate chips to make it a bit sweeter and more gooey.

Comment

I had never heard of this until my SO came to visit. I made mine vanilla instead and put some blue food coloring in for a blue mug cake!

Comment

Ooh, thanks for the recipe!! My Irish housemate used to make these, and I never got her recipe haha. I'll have to give this a try!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Oh cool, I hadn't heard of that before. Though since my guy and I are mostly vegan so I want to try and make a vegan one now! I think I'll either just use this one and substitute soy milk and an egg replacing ingredient, or look up a vegan chocolate cake recipe and check the porportions and scale it down a whole lot... hmm.. Great idea though, thanks for sharing!

EDIT: I loved this idea so much I ended up searching the internet for a vegan 5 minute chocolate mug cake and found a few and tested this one out, except using vegetable oil instead of vegetable shortening and apple cider vinegar instead of red wine vinegar and I left out the vanilla. Actually it looks similar to this one except using vinegar instead of egg! Lol and water instead of milk! Lol I'm silly. Anyways just wanted to post the link in case anyone following a vegan diet or whatever want to try this! https://www.supercoolfoodblog.com/20...-mug-cake.html I just wanted to say, this cake is awesome! Really chocolatey and sweet! I told my SO about it but since it was almost midnight there for him and he has neighbors, he couldn't make it today but I wanted to try it because I was excited and kinda wanted to taste test it first. But it's totally a good thing for LDRs because a fast chocolate cake is a good way to spend more time talking to your SO and you can eat it in front of them!

Comment

Oh, it's so cute! I want to make this next time my SO comes to visit. :3 Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

wow what a great idea. You two are so cute!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Uy I have to try that!!! I LOVE CHOCOLATE I'm an addict hehehe so if I can make something with chocolate in 5 minutes I must try it! Thank you for sharing it

Comment

So glad everybody liked the idea. It's really super easy to make and actually tastes really good!

Comment

I tried this too! It was so easy and fun. I didn't have any cocoa, so I just used a packet of hot chocolate and it turned out really good. Going to do this with my 9 year old son some cold winter night. Thanks for the idea. =)

Comment

Okay, I´ll take your word for it Minerva. I´m currently making it using hot chocolate mix (with marshmallows lol). I will let you know how it turns out! :3

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                            -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                            \

Comment

I used too much chocolate chips, which all clumped together in the bottom >.< But other than that it was yummy! Nice and light and fluffy! :3

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                              \

Comment

Working...
                              X