Journal Sharing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Journal Sharing?

So As most of you know my SO and I have been having some issues.
    A big part of it is not having much to talk about past the lines of " hi how was your day "

So I asked him if he wanted to share a journal and that it may help.

He said maybe after he moves.

Does anyone else share a journal with their SO?
    " There is always hope.
    "

I also share a journal with my SO. He often forgets about it though so it hasn't worked so well lately, but maybe in time he will take a liking to it.

A girl can hope.

Comment

I havent sent it to him yet, I hope he will go for writing in the journal.
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

Best of luck to you!

I'm a fan of quotes so I started a quotes section in the back of our journal and he seemed to enjoy that. Also, I wrote in the journal as if I were speaking directly to him to create more of sense of connection when he reads it.

Hope those help.

Comment

Huh, that IS a good idea, but I don't think my boyfriend is the journal-writing type. I'd have to ask him what he thinks of that. How was your SO's reaction when you proposed that idea to him?

Comment

Well when I posed the idea we were having trouble with communication because he was stressed a lot and we just didn't know what to talk about he also wanted to have intellectual conversations, which I tend to avoid because my views are different than my parents so any time a bring up politics or things of that nature it ends up being a yelling fest, So naturally I avoid those sort of topics with everyone for fear of it ending up in a fight.

He and I both like to write. So I suggested sharing a journal to help communicate intellectual things as well as our thoughts and feelings.

He simply gave me a " maybe "

So I went out and got a journal and have been writing in it quite a bit I have yet to send it to him for him to try the same thing but I will soon If he likes it we will keep doing it, if not thats okay.
            " There is always hope.
            "

Comment

my sister was LD with her now husband for the four years they were in college and they did this and really liked it. I have not tried this yet with my SO but I might some day.

Comment

I suggested this to my SO because I still wanted to feel connected with his everyday life like how it used to be before the distance. He wasn't a big fan of it, but just letting him know that I felt disconnected kinda helped us reconnect again. We communicate more and basically talk about everything to a point where I feel like I'm right there with him.. Despite all that, I think the journal sharing is a great idea, especially if you and your SO have different schedules and its hard to catch each other up with our lives. I think the challenge is getting our SOs to participate...

Comment

Working...
                X