The John Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The John Box

So, my guy made me this wooden box for Christmas, out of scrap wood....it was kind of unfinished and is kind of funny looking, but I love it and it sits proudly on my bookshelf. I have turned into the John Box. Whenever I have "artifacts" of our relationship, they go in the John box, whether it's tickets to a museum (we go to a lot of museums) or dry flowers or ice skating tags or maps or printouts of our conversations or my first mapquest directions to get to his place, even funny doodles....it all goes there. Emails/Letters/Cards/Texts are good, too. Pretty much anything that has to do with him or us. I even have a printout of my first work schedule from the week where I met him, when we found out we'd be working together on the show and as a PR duet all summer...it's funny to think that back then, I didn't have any idea I'd get so used to seeing our names together.

The idea, I think, is that one day I'll be able to pull them all into a scrapbook (doesn't everyone want one of these?) along with pictures and things, and it will be amazing to be able to have all these little details in one place. In the mean time, I enjoy periodically thumbing through all this random stuff....it brings back great memories.

Anyone else have a John box? Or its equivalent?

I keep a box also, that I put things that are special to me because of kevin. What I did was take a shoebox that was big enough and I covered it with colored paper. I then wrote on it with glitter glue and glued a photo of us on the top.

Comment

i dont have one but i defiantly will now! thanks for the idea

Comment

I love this idea! I have a "special box" I keep under my bed of random things from anything that mean something to me that I keep. but now I'm definitely gonna make a brian box. thanks!

Comment

Really cool idea!
          For me and my SO... since our relationship is email based and has been since day one, we are thinking about putting together a book of all our emails, IM conversations, and Blog entries. Hehe... if you are wondering roughly how many emails we have been sending each other. Well... we try to send each other one everyday so... *goes to google*

(5 months) plus (3 weeks) = 173.184249 days... so about 173 emails in total. Those emails range in word count from 100-200 all the way up to 2,000 words.
          "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
          "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
          "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Archangel, Go to lulu.com and you could publish a real copy of your book--cover and all! What an awesome way to preserve a stretch of time! It would be a really neat way to commemorate an anniversary or a first meeting or anything at all, really! Very easy, very affordable...you could even put pictures on the cover

Comment

I have a small "box" too where I keep tickets, photos, and any other kind of random thing that reminds me of him, it is my Francesco box! Haha

Comment

i discussed this with Denise and we'll be doing that when she gets here cant wait for that

Comment

I have a little red box with a bow that he gave me for my birthday that I put in with presents and the ring he gave me (my mom would freak out if she saw a engagement ring on my finger) and I have a folder that has letters, and poems

Comment

I use my love satchel that I ordered from here for this I am a total pack rat! I have all sorts of receipts that i have from tiny things we have done together. I used to keep all of these things in a lamp box, so the love satchel is a nice improvement!

Comment

I have a mini wooden suitcase with everything he's sent me that I'm not using - letterbooks, my old wallet, CDs, letters, coins, photos, the diary I kept the first time I came to Canada, my first plane tickets and the like. I don't keep everything, like movie stubs and things, which I'm glad of because after six years of sending gifts and letters I already have too much. It's all in storage back home now though, so I can't go through it an reminise
                      Obi has a similar box though, and it's cute because I can see what I've sent him.... and rest safe in the knowledge all my diaries are kept under lock and key! haha
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

thats so cute, i want one we havent sent eachother anything yet, or met in person so i wouldnt have alot to put in mine, but hopefully with time that will change
                        such a cute idea

Comment

I have a "treasure box" which my parents gave me when I was 5. Its full of things that are both worthless, yet precious to me, and things that are worth a lot of money- such as my coins. I love it, it's full of things that jog my memory . I also have a lot of treasures on show on my "nicknaks" shelf. I'm planning on getting a box for stuff to do with me and alex after we've met =)

Comment

I have a big box. It was a shoe box...some boots I bought a couple of years ago. I save EVERYTHING!! Movie tickets, napkins, restaurant receipts, and airplane tickets. I even have an empty pack of gum he gave me our first weeks together.

Comment

I just made a "Scott Box" this weekend. ^_^ He was on webcam "helping" me make it (he was supposed to be helping me decide how to decorate but mostly he just distracted me). I went to a craft store and bought a circular box (think hat box only taler) and some fairytale and travel scrapbook paper and mod podge. Then I cut out irregular shapes from the scrapbook paper and mod podged it all over the box. So it's covered in fairytale papers (like pieces that say happily ever after and story book pages and a castle, things like that) and travel scrapbook papers (maps and plane ticket stubs, etc). The top of the lid is a world map and I'm planning on taking a permanent marker and drawing a heart over Utah and one over England and connecting the two. I've already loaded it up with everything he's sent me and I'm waiting for my love letter satchel to arrive so I can put the letters and other small things in there. Thanks for the idea! I'll try to post pictures on my profile soon.
                              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X