Needs More Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needs More Excitement

so my boyfriend told me last night that our relationship is slowly fading away and in order for us to continue working there needs to be more excitement and spark between us. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on what some things we could do are. He started suggesting things like sex in random, "dangerous" (meaning not a bedroom) places like a changing room or in the movie theatre.

I want to come up with some other ideas on how to spice up our relationship so if you have any suggestions please share thank you
    All because two people fell in LOVE <3
    ~mbb <3 jao~

Although it helps, sex doesn't have to leave the bedroom to be exciting. You can make it exciting by surprising him with it when he's least expecting it, or even putting on some nice lingerie or something for when he gets home from work. Depending on your living situation, if you live alone together, you could leave a trail of clothing or something hinting at what's waiting for him when he gets to a particular room of the house. Otherwise, if you're driving somewhere and stopped at a traffic light, just reach over and give it a rub or two :P

If you're going to do it at a movie theatre, I suggest a movie and time of day when there's not going to be too many people there so you can have plenty of room to yourselves. I've always wanted to have sex outdoors like in the wilderness, but all the good places for it are where I live, and when he visits me it's always too cold, lol.
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

This might be better in the adult section of the forum! :O but yes what BlueCat said about traffic lights - that helps. Bathtubs tend to be a little different too - showers, hot tubs. maybe get a hotel room? Hope things are going well.
      <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Sadly, with a LDR, this is when push comes to shove. Those feelings of euphoria for your SO won't always be there. But when they begin to fade, will you follow the "labor of love", or will it dwindle and die?

The secret to keeping a relationship is not simply falling in love with the person and keeping it that way, but learning to love the SO even when those euphoric emotions fade. My girlfriend and I just recently got out of a rut like this, and in the end our sincere love came out on top. But it was tough; we were literally fighting every day for about two weeks.

What I'm trying to say is that "pushing the envelope" isn't the answer to restoring a spark in a relationship. No matter what you do, that spark is always going to fade at some point or another. There is no such thing as a long-lasting relationship that always kept that spark. The key (on both of your parts) is to see what you saw in each other when the spark was there, and focusing on that. When my girlfriend and I were fighting, there were times when I was seriously questioning whether or not this relationship was worth it. Then I reminded myself, "Just because I don't feel the spark, it doesn't mean it's not there. Just hang in there, and soon you'll see a reminder of why you love her so much."

Try asking your boyfriend what it was he originally saw in you. Why he loves you. Even if you already know why, lead him to that answer so that he says it himself. Then after talking about it for awhile (and reminding him what you see in him), tell him that the spark may not be there right now, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the mean time, when things get "boring" and start looking down, he needs to focus on that which he first saw in you, and you need to do the same.

When you two are doing that, it's a matter of the waiting game. You're fighting for your love to come out on top, but this is where the sincerity of your relationship is put to the test. I wish you the best.

Comment

Best advice so far.. I have been looking for some answers cuz I'm getting bored thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikraken23 View Post
            Sadly, with a LDR, this is when push comes to shove. Those feelings of euphoria for your SO won't always be there. But when they begin to fade, will you follow the "labor of love", or will it dwindle and die?

The secret to keeping a relationship is not simply falling in love with the person and keeping it that way, but learning to love the SO even when those euphoric emotions fade. My girlfriend and I just recently got out of a rut like this, and in the end our sincere love came out on top. But it was tough; we were literally fighting every day for about two weeks.

What I'm trying to say is that "pushing the envelope" isn't the answer to restoring a spark in a relationship. No matter what you do, that spark is always going to fade at some point or another. There is no such thing as a long-lasting relationship that always kept that spark. The key (on both of your parts) is to see what you saw in each other when the spark was there, and focusing on that. When my girlfriend and I were fighting, there were times when I was seriously questioning whether or not this relationship was worth it. Then I reminded myself, "Just because I don't feel the spark, it doesn't mean it's not there. Just hang in there, and soon you'll see a reminder of why you love her so much."

Try asking your boyfriend what it was he originally saw in you. Why he loves you. Even if you already know why, lead him to that answer so that he says it himself. Then after talking about it for awhile (and reminding him what you see in him), tell him that the spark may not be there right now, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the mean time, when things get "boring" and start looking down, he needs to focus on that which he first saw in you, and you need to do the same.

When you two are doing that, it's a matter of the waiting game. You're fighting for your love to come out on top, but this is where the sincerity of your relationship is put to the test. I wish you the best.
            Agree 100%. So wise for being only 19!

Comment

In response to Mikraken23, I want to say thank you for your post. It really gave some perspective to my own relationship. I have moments where I wonder whether it´s worth it, just because that spark is not always there. But when it is there, I am always telling myself not to break up with him ever, because he is most certainly the guy for me. I wondered if maybe I was slowly falling out of love with him, but you are right! ^.^

Anyways, I´m sorry to hijack your post, but I had to show this guy some love :P

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
              -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
              \

Comment

Working...
              X