Should I Try This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I Try This?

My SO and I haven't said "I love you" to each other in about a week. I don't know why. We just haven't talked that much the past few days and we've been talking solely via text or FB chat, so we don't really get to that point of the conversation. I know it's inexcusable on both of our parts, but I know we both know that we love each other. But, tonight I really wanted to tell him. However, he signed off of FB chat and G+ so he's probably busy now. I thought of an idea I thought would be cute. I was thinking of calling him, he'd pick up and I'd say "I love you" and then hang up the phone immediately. He'd probably call back confused as to why I just hung up or he'd do the same back to me knowing him lol. Since he's offline now, I won't call tonight because he's probably busy, but tomorrow I am thinking of trying this. What do you think? He would totally not be expecting this, and slightly it's out-of-character for me to do something spontaneous like that. Does this seem kinda cute or does it just seem rude?

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Personally, I hate it when people hang up on me. Instead of saying, "I love you," then quickly hanging up on him, I'd draw it out a bit. Not so much that it wouldn't seem quick and spontaneous, but enough that he could return the sentiment or at least respond. An alternative could be, "Hey, I just wanted to say that I love you! I hope you're having a good day, and I can't wait to talk to you later on. I'm about to (insert activity here)/I know you're busy right now, so I'll let you go, but I really loved hearing your voice" or something to that effect.

Of course, you know your boyfriend best, and if he'd think the hanging up approach was cute and fun. Go with your gut!

Comment

Lol i think its a fun cute idea. lil silly, but in a fun way. And like Lissy said, you know your SO best, if you think this would put a smile on his face, do it!
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

hahaha! I agree with lissy... its a cute idea but then just add some little more sweet words to it..
        me and my SO is not into phone calls..we are more on emails.....if we cant chat during that day or nyt i know he is busy then, i just leave him a message saying, like "i know you are very busy at work, just droppin by to say goodnyt and have a great day at work...take care on ur way home..ily and imy".
        i sometimes make an abbrev. its kinda cute to read..hahahha
        "In love, two of the most important ingredients are being open and being content."

"God must have seen my need for someone who could turn my failure to victory, whose touch could turn my tears to smiles, who by just being there could turn my sadness to laughter. That's why he sent you to me."

Comment

I don't know if I'm going to do this actually. I'm getting cold feet lol. When he picks up, I may still say "I love you" and then tell him that I just felt like telling him. I do need to talk to him about how my doctor's appointment went today, too so I guess I'll go with the less risky option. Thanks for replying.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Comment

So I called him...went to voicemail. I didn't leave a message. He called me back a little while later. He'd just woken up....it was about 2:30 in the afternoon. So, I told him the reason I was calling was to say I love you. He said "I love you too" and I told him I noticed neither of us had said it in about a week, so I wanted to tell him. We talked about my doctor's appointment and how everything went. I told him my doctor tested me for strep and said it was probably just a viral infection that didn't turn into anything. I told him they sent me for blood work and had tested me for mono and a few other various things, like they wanted to check my liver. He told me that his roommate just told him like 2 days ago that he doesn't have mono...he didn't tell me what Greg ended up having, but he said he'll tell me when he comes home. Anthony seemed a little out of it during the conversation, but he had just woken up, so I guess he was still kinda groggy from sleeping. He told me his Croatia trip got cancelled this year due to lack of interest. He said next year it'll most likely be happening, so I'll be able to go visit him this year for spring break!!! All and all, it was a good little conversation we had. I'm glad it worked out the way it did as opposed to my stupid little plan I'd thought of. <3

Comment

ahah, cute idea! glad it worked out for the best xx

usually my SO and i try and scare each other before saying something cute... if we havent done something cute in a while, itll happen.... an example of this would be "uhmmm.... im really sorry..... uh i have to tell you, its been on my mind and... i just cant stop thinking about it.... uhmm i dont know how to tell you this.... (me: omg what is it)... well please dont be alarmed, please dont be hurt, i really am sorry.... i just couldnt help it and i just did it... (me: what did you do?!?!?!) im really sorry.... (me: whats happened?)..... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I CANT STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU sorry but its true "

its very annoying when he does that, but its very cute too :P

Comment

My SO and I when together and apart always tell each other we love each other, more than once a day, some days we exhaust the fact :P Even if we're apart and we haven't talked at all that day, sometimes he or I will just send a text that says 'I love you', sometimes just those words instead of a long paragraph can bring it across really strong. But I try to say it a fair amount, always before he leaves for work and when he gets home, at the end of any online conversation or text message conversation. In the morning when we wake up, when we're cuddling etc. And sometimes he says it to get out of trouble if he's just let out a loud fart, lol.
                Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
                X