The Gift Box Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gift Box Challenge

I've been meaning to send my SO a box of things for about 2 months. No real occasion, just a gift to say 'I love you and I'm thinking about you'. Yet somehow, I've yet to send it to him.

So, in order to get my butt moving, and in a fun participation for all of us, I challenge you, the LFAD community, to send your SO a gift box. Your mission (if you choose to accept) is to post what you are going to send your SO in their gift box, and when you plan on sending it. Post the same as the example so we can easily see what others are sending ("I will send my SO ______ on {date} OR by {date}"). This is so we can share gift ideas, and inspire each other to actually go through with the gift-giving. Doesn't hurt to have a reminder too. Here's mine:

I will send my SO a hand-written letter, a cartoon drawing of us, a framed picture of us, lady garments (ahem), a large mug with the recipe for 5 minute chocolate mug cake in it, and a batch of cookies by the end of November.

What are you going to send your SO?

I LOVE this idea! Since I'll be seeing my SO this weekend and again at the beginning of December, I probably won't get around to it until the new year, but I definitely will!

I will send my SO homemade cookies, a box of Kraft Dinner, and a new magic trick by the end of January (for my birthday).

Comment

Cute idea. I love sending mail lol. But I asked my SO recently if I send to much and he said yeah... so after his Christmas gift going to stop over flowing him with pictures and scrapbooks and mail. But this is a great idea!
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Hah thanks guys!!

triangle, I love you idea of sending KD. Must be an inside scoop on that one?

I feel like I should be sending more. What do you guys think?

Comment

I'll see my SO six days after Christmas. So we're exchanging gifts then, but I'm in on this.
          By the end of January, I'll send him a box. I don't know what I'm putting in it yet though lol.

First Met Online: October 2010
          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I love sending gifts my SO and I just started sharing a journal so for now we will stick to that, He's had a lot going on so I don't want to bug him about gifts, besides I may still get to see him for chirstmas
            " There is always hope.
            "

Comment

I will be sending my SO... a bunch of Cheetos, 2 letters, 2 monster figurines for him (1 I decorated, 1 my girls decorated) a monster figurine for his daughter that my girls decorated, a mug that I decorated along with the instructions for the 5 minute chocolate mug cake, a keychain and 3 bracelets for his daughter (bead jewelry my girls done)... I think thats it.... By the end of December.

I'm horrible about sending things out on time.

Comment

You and me both. That's partially why I created this board - I STINK at sending things out. We could make this an on-time support group? haha

Comment

I want to send mine a box by christmas but im strapped on cash and really bad at thinking of things to send... I have a few ideas though 5 minute mug cake, reeses oreos, a letter, a pic, undies, and i wanna make him a fleece tie blanket( cause he is in Alaska) but that and the shipping is the part I donno if I can afford but Im gunna do my best.. If I cant do the blanket this time I will wait. but i think i should send something else if i cant to the blanket but donno what.....

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpeas_mom1110 View Post
                    I want to send mine a box by christmas but im strapped on cash and really bad at thinking of things to send... I have a few ideas though 5 minute mug cake, reeses oreos, a letter, a pic, undies, and i wanna make him a fleece tie blanket( cause he is in Alaska) but that and the shipping is the part I donno if I can afford but Im gunna do my best.. If I cant do the blanket this time I will wait. but i think i should send something else if i cant to the blanket but donno what.....
                    That all sounds great to me. and have Robyn color him a picture or something ^^ he'd love that!!

I made Jonny a fleece tie blanket, but i got attached to it and now it's my blankie that I have his body spray smell on <3 I sleep with it. hehe... so.. I guess I need to make him another one. point of the story, i like the ideas <3

Comment

Yeah I will for sure put something from robyn in there... but in stead of a picture she colored i might have her do a craft or something. She really likes getting ahold of my letter I just wrote him lol (she colored all over it)... but he will love it even more because she was part of it .... and I really really hope I can do the blanket I will go price the fabric tonight after work!!

Comment

I like your ideas!! 5 minute cake is a good'er, hey?

Fabric is on the rise here (don't know about the south though?) because of Winter. If you make a blanket, I'd love to see it! That, and your blanket that you sleep with. I love home made blankets. It's kind of a fetish?

Comment

so far I've sent my bf 2 packages and he hasn't sent me anything. I'd love it if he did! my birthday is in 3 months and we won't be together for it. I wonder if he'll send me a little something in the mail? I just sent something out for his birthday.

Comment

I will be sending my SO a gundam model, a letter, and some paper hearts by December 10 (his birthday)

Comment

My plan for the first care package is one half of a particular Boldloft couple's pillowcase set, with a photo of me with the other one, hugging the pillow with a cheesy grin; also, a small rose quartz gemstone tree, as a symbol of our hopes that our love will continue to grow (sappy, but he's very spiritual, and thus into crystals); also, a packet of either jaffa cakes (which he loves) or Anzac biscuits, and a small jar of Vegemite (he'd never tried it before coming to Aus, and loves it; you can buy it in the States, but more special to send it, I think); a hanky or silk scarf which I'll wear inside my shirt for a day or so beforehand, so it's throughly soaked with both my perfume and the underlying scent of my skin - I'll seal it in a ziplock bag before sending, to preserve the scent; a commemorative pin from the Canberra War Memorial, which was one of his favourite destinations on a Sunday afternoon, here; a copy of Kokoda or the first season of Rake (both of which he wanted to see, and never got to); The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer (Warhammer 40K is an RP setting we both really like - though neither of us have ever played in it, we both really like the source material - and even though he's airforce and the book's infantry, I think he'll still get a giggle our of how it spoofs the sort of military handbooks he's more than familiar with); a burned mix CD of songs I think he'll like and which are heartening for people embarking on a situation like ours; and the first letter I'll send him.
                              Oh, and I'll be collecting all that together to send as soon as he receives his posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X