Hobbies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbies?

Other than a journal, what are some hobbies that you and your SO enjoy doing together? Lately, Sam & I have been reading books together but he leaves me in the dust. I'm looking for another hobby that can keep us connected miles apart. Something creative, if possible.

Thanks!

I love to tango, and took a class recently. My beau was very impressed, and indicated he'd like to learn so he can dance with me.
    I'm going to find instructional DVDs and send them to him in his care packages, as a surprise. :-D

Comment

My boyfriend and I have been watching the tv series Friends together. We're finally on the final episodes of the final season...which makes me kinda sad. We'll probably move on to Seinfeld or Scrubs later. I'm a 90's girl at heart though, so I'm hoping for Seinfeld ^^. We also play Mario Kart on a N64 emulator. You can play from a distance :P It's nice.

Comment

We watch The Big Bang Theory (he likes it way more than I do), we cook together, we walk the dog together, make fun of people/people watch together... I wish we could read books together and then talk about it (used to do this all the time with my sister!) but it's sort of a pain for me to read in Spanish and him in English. We can, but it's just so much easier to read in our own languages!

Comment

I've been trying to teach him how to cook over skype- emphasis on TRYING! we are still stuck on omelets I also read to him, a chapter every Sunday. It's called "story time" lol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            We watch The Big Bang Theory (he likes it way more than I do), we cook together, we walk the dog together, make fun of people/people watch together... I wish we could read books together and then talk about it (used to do this all the time with my sister!) but it's sort of a pain for me to read in Spanish and him in English. We can, but it's just so much easier to read in our own languages!
            Maybe you guys could read the same books but in your native language! Then just talk about it?

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I somehow missed the part where you said "something creative"!!

We did this during the year that we had closed the distance, but you could still do this from afar as well. My boyfriend and I bought some yarn, and a loom, and started knitting Harry Potter house scarfs! He got a lot farther than me but it was still fun. Maybe you think your SO might not like it, but you should try anyway! I started making a Hufflepuff scarf, and he made a Ravenclaw scarf. It might sound lame but my boyfriend had a lot of fun doing it jaja! Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                Maybe you guys could read the same books but in your native language! Then just talk about it?
                Yeah, but then have 2 copies of the same book? Doesn't make sense to me. But it's okay since we have different tastes in books anyways

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                  Yeah, but then have 2 copies of the same book? Doesn't make sense to me. But it's okay since we have different tastes in books anyways
                  This is true. xD I guess I forgot that part since my SO has a Kindle, he just downloads the books and I would have a hard copy. ^^;; Jaja!

Comment

Working...
                  X