Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to search for airfare with flexible dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to search for airfare with flexible dates?

Ok, so I swear I've searched every travel site known to man but there's got to be a better way to search a lot of dates at once instead of entering new dates for every search. Flights can vary by 60 bucks from one day to the next and thats really important to me. I guess what I'm asking is there a site that will allow me to search for a flight with basically no specific day to find the cheapest fare? I dont care what day it is, I'm just looking for the cheapest flight. Is there a site that gives you a calendar view for the month or something?

Finding myself.

Travelocity used to let you search Month to Month. So you coud May 2012 - August 2012 and they'd allow you to see the prices of flights between then. If I can think back flightnetwork has allowed me to do that but I think that is only with domestic flights.. not sure.

Comment

Kayak let's you put in your middle date and then choose to search +/- three days. Or when you are putting in the dates, a little calendar usually pops up to the right and you can look at a month view. Also on Kayak, you could set up a travel alert. So you choose the month you want and which cities and then they email you (either every day or once a week) to update you on prices.

Comment

If you're not looking for specific days, consider going on their bump list. Buy your ticket, then when you check in tell them you want to be bumped. What happens then is that if there's someone waiting to board that flight they will be given your spot and you will be bumped to the next flight BUT they will give you a largely discounted rate and give you free accommodation if the next flight is the next day. I don't know how common this is, but if it as option for where you want to go, and you don't have fixed dates, it could be useful.

Comment

Working...
        X