i missed my flight!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i missed my flight!!!!

lol yeah i missed it kinda good and bad , but not on purpose though it kinda suck cause we got there on time but we went to the wrong building so by the time we find the correct one i was 3 minutes late!!! n the checking in people were just barely closing n they did not let me in even though the flight wasn't leaving in another 50 min. oh well we missed it more time with my babe lol, he said 'u got ur wish babe, we got few more time 2gether' so we went back to his one hour drive base =/ n started calling and emailing the airline etc, we literally last almost 4 hours on the phone trying to get the next available flight so we just got like one hour sleep, because my original flight was at 1050pm. then we drove back again n got there even 3hrs early but i didn't miss it this time lol, buuuuuut now that i arrived in Tokyo i've been waiting since yesterday n literally will b wait 24hrs for my next flight, i got to sleep here, awkward, i was lost at first then didn't sleep much because of the cold adding that i'm emotional for missing my SO so much already and i was with him yesterday awww i feel so alone ! great thing that my babe got me a cellphone even before the trip so we can communicate once that i landed in Tokyo n now its keeping us in touch while this looong waiting so right now i still have another 8 hours wait for my flight, then like 17 more up in the sky n ill b home yey i cant wait!!! so ill be around here wasting time in this huuuuuge airport lol

has any body here missed a flight before? how did it go afterwards ?

I've only missed one domestic flight ($80 and 5 hours later, I was on my way home).

I had to wait 6 hours for my flight in Paris so I ended up doing laps of the airport!

Comment

I had a cancelled flight once. My friend who dropped me off was long gone back to where he lived three hours from the airport so I was stuck till the next day. Lucky the airline put me up in a hotel and it was nice, so that was cool.

Comment

Wow, I'm amazed that you guys could be so calm about it! I'd give anything to spend extra time with my SO, but missing my coach/train (in my case) would actually be my worst nightmare!

Comment

My flight home last time was delayed because of snow and I wasn't able to catch a connecting flight until 2 hours later. Originally this was going to simply mean more time together. But given the flight schedule at O'hare, my flight from Chicago home meant I had to spend the night (11pm-6am) in the airport. It's awesome when you land @ 11 and everything is already closed except for a dingy Starbucks and you're starving and all they have is a $14 sandwich from 3 days ago.

Anyway.

Sleeping on the floor isn't so bad, until you catch the nasty horse lung flu and have to fight that for a week and a half after you get home.

These are the kinds of experiences that are fun to talk about later. Just enjoy the adventure.

Comment

I've luckily never run into that kind of issue. Glad it all worked out though.

The only thing I've come close to is having to wait to in the airport for 6 hours because it was the only time I was able to get a ride there. I fly so much that TSA at the airport by school knows me. They were training some new guy while I was sitting in a corner (trying to not look creepy) and the trainee asked what they do about people like me. The guy training him goes, "Usually we'd ask them what's up. She's fine though. She's always here."
            ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
            The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Working...
            X