Leaving in 9 hours :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving in 9 hours :(

Never been on a plane before and doing it ALL alone! I'm so scared but just keep telling myself that it's a vacation and I'm supposed to have fun! People would be jealous if they got to go to Florida and go to Disney! (His dad is taking us to Disney and I've never been!)
    I'm just so sad, I don't want to leave my nephew and my mom.. and I know once she drops me off I'm going to start crying and run back like a little girl to my mommy! I'm trying sooo hard to be strong but I can be fine for a few hours and then I just burst into tears again. I never bought a ticket home because I don't really know how I'll be in a new environment but I know I don't want to stay that long.. and I also know it's going to kill me when I do have to leave there. He's visited me here two times before and it was the most heart breaking thing I've ever went through. This visit is going to be determining if we really go good together and I can handle this type of relationship and if it's what I REALLY want.
    I'm just a mess, and I think I'll be crying most of the time in the airport and on the plane.
    Also it's supposed to be thunderstorms tonight- to the rest of the month. What if my flight gets delayed and I'm stuck in Georgia all alone!?! (I'm going from Ohio- to Atlanta Georgia, then Fort Lauderdale, Fl.)
    sigpic
    We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
    Second Visit-12.17.11
    Closed the distance-06.20.12

Aww, If I were in your position I would definitely listen to songs that helped relax me on the plane, tryyy to take a nap if your nerves aren't so wired. [key word there is try lol] Just remember that you are going to see your love! So be excited not sad, and like you said, you aren't staying there foreverrr so you'll be able to go back to your family. I know flying can be very scary the first time, and alone at that. I wish I could identify with you on that to help more but i flew at a young age and it just became natural [international at that!] I'd say sometimes in life we have to make sacrifices for things we want but yours is more of a trade-off. in order to be with the one you love for awhile you might have to leave family behind, think of it though as temporarily swapping one type of love with another. Also, I'm in Atlanta GA and it is so sunny and hot right now, so don't worry about thunderstorms because we're not due to get them until the weekend. Don't fret, I'm excited for you lol, I WISHHHH I could see my SO in 9 hrs ;[

Comment

Look at this as a good change for you to grow stronger and more independent.
      You'll only be away from your family for a short time.
      When I was your age, I had already gone to Russia by myself and was on my way across the globe to go to Japan - where I hadn't met my SO, yet. Meaning I was not helped or protected by anyone.
      A lot of us haven't seen our families for months and we're fine. You need to start being able to trust yourself and your capabilities - I might come off as strict, but that is the road to becoming an adult. Since there won't be long before you also have to consider moving away from your family as well and live on your own.
      You'll be with your SO and his family the whole time, so I see no reason for worries. You'll still also be in your own country, so you'll be able to still understand people around you. Unlike some who goes to see their SO's in a country very different from their own.
      Like the above poster, I have troubles to identify with the fear of flying, since I also have been flying since I was very young.

I have to run now... I'm sorry if I came of rough, but ... I just think it'll be good for you to actually get "out there" by yourself and then get stronger.

Comment

Well, now you're already there, so I hope your flight went well! Relax and enjoy your time! Disney World is awesome by the way! If you go to Magic Kingdom, you HAVE to stay for the fireworks!! They go off by Cinderella's castle RIGHT before the park closes. That was my favorite part!

Comment

Working...
        X