Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it worth it?

I know this sounds like a really rude and stupid question, but I'm a bit stuck and am in need of some opinions please!

Okay, so here's the thing. I'm seeing my SO in 11 weeks time when we have a school holiday - he's coming to visit me. But in about 6 weeks it's his birthday and I really really want to visit him.
    My only dilemma is that it will be a short visit - only 3 days (plus 1 day of traveling either side) and it will mean that I have to borrow about £150 (I don't know how much that is in dollars) from my Dad. And it would also mean me missing 3 days of college when I've just started.
    I would really really love to visit him, especially as a surprise and I don't think I can last 11 weeks without him, as the longest we've spent apart so far is 7 weeks and that was tough enough on both of us.

So what are your guys' opinions?
    No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

i think it's a wonderful idea.....

but make sure he is around when his birthday is due and that he doesn't have plans to go out with friends...
    you would fly in for nothing.....

your school.... well.... that's another thing.... maybe you can ask your teachers about it.... what their opinion is and if they think you can miss it then and catch up later.
    school is important.... but it's only for a short period.... and maybe you can do some work in advance.

borrowing money from your dad.... well..... that's a thing I can't help you with...
    maybe you can do some chores for your dad in exchange for the money....?

I think your SO will be very pleased if you show up at his birthday.... so I think it's well worth....
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

I think it would be worth it

1) If it's Sweden - as I can see it is, even if it's only for a few days he'll love it, I'm sure, and your travel shouldn't be -that- hectic should it? Not like a whole days travel. Itll be a 'special' visit on a special day and then you'll get your longer visit- and it'll break up the 11 weeks a bit :-)
      2) Are you at A levels? I missed a few days of college for uni visits and caught up from friends etc, coursework is ongoing so you should be ok- but ask your tutors before what'd be going on etc if you were off
      3) Pay your dad back in stages / as the above poster said ...maybe xchange for chores?

I'd love to do/am considering this myself x

Comment

@Carenza LaRue, I will make sure I check with his mum that he hasn't got any plans, and it shouldn't be too bad, as I can't actually visit him on his actual birthday, it would be a few days before, and then me leaving either the day before his birthday or the day before that. In regards to school I'm pretty sure it'd be fine as I'm allowed 3 days off of school for personal reasons every term. And it would only be 3 days, so that's not going to be too difficult to catch up Well, doing chores for my Dad would be tricky as he lives in England too, but I'm pretty certain if I promise to pay him back then he will lend me the money.

@londongirl, I know, between Sweden and England it isn't very far to travel, and it's not too hectic the only problem that makes it a bit more difficult is that I would have to take the train to the airport which is 4 hours, so that makes it a bit further to travel, but I don't have a problem with that Yes, I am at A levels - well the Swedish equivalent. I will ask them, they generally give you work here anyway when you have time off school for holidays/personal reasons. I think paying my Dad back in stages would be best, and I could come to a good agreement with him as to how I would pay him back. Well from what other people have said it's an awesome thing to do, which is why I'm pretty certain that I'm going to do it, especially to see his face when I arrive at his house will just be amazing!

Thank you for your opinions It's really helped
        No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Working...
        X