Nervous and scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous and scared

Okay so I'm getting very nervous because my LDB is going to be moving here with me by the end of the year. I don't know what to expect or do really so any advice would be killlller! (We're obviously very young but we've got our relationship worked out minus some issues that we work out on our own by talking:P) but anyways, I'm supposed to go meet him at the airport when he does actually get here! Even if it's a long time away I would still like to be prepared. How do I meet him at the airport? Should I make a sign haha (I've only been to an airport like twice and that's what people seem to do), what should we do the first day/night he's here? When you closed the gap, did you cry or anything what did you do?? How did you integrate him/her when they got here into your life (friends,family, school,work,anything!)? What else should I expect, gah I dunno! I'm just worried and want everything right and ready!! Halp, help, heeeelp!

My boyfriend and I haven't done the travelling-to-meet-each-other thing as of yet --we were CDR for a long time, but I've travelled around the world a lot so I am qualifid to give some advice with that!

Sure, making a sign is useful AND it shows that you've prepared yourself for his stay (: Make a poster with his name and decorate it! It'd be so sweet and a very welcome first thing to see after leaving arrivals. On that note, be expected to wait a bit; if the flight is said to arrive at, say, 4PM, don't expect him to come out at 4 sharp. Customs, baggage, crowds and just moving from one place to another takes A LOT of time -- though, seeing as you're in Syracuse, I doubt it will be as long as, say, JFK. :P

As for integrating him ... I suppose just let him get used to being in a new place first before introducing him to TOO many people? Don't overwhelm him, let him be a little shy if he is. Perhaps only introduce him to your most important people at first?

And, as for the activities on the first day ... I would suggest something at home, to help him get over the jetlag, seeing as he's from the UK :P

Good luck!!!
    "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

Make a sign if you want! When I first visited my GF, she just sat there and waited for me. Mind you, the airport in Tallinn is tiny and there were about 10 people on my flight from Finland.

Will you meet him at JFK airport though? If so, I assume that it is your typical large airport. Expect to wait up to an hour for him after arrival, if that is the case.

Integrating him? He just needs to soak it up. I had a lot of trouble trying to integrate into Estonia when I was there (and I gave up quickly, knowing that I would never be treated as a local). I think a good idea would be for him to just walk around and see the environment. He will get used to it in time.

And activities? MAKE HIM SOME NICE FOOD TO EAT. And expect a day of relaxation and a struggle to sleep.

Comment

I think a sign would be an awesome idea! I am planning on doing this for my SO when he comes to visit in October I have flown to see my boyfriend 4 times now, and he has flown here twice, and the best thing to do on the first day/night, like tanaquil and Tooki said, would be to just stay at home and relax, maybe watch a film together, and then maybe show him around your area so he can get used to your environment. I've never been to NY, but I'm guessing that it's pretty different from Scotland! And don't introduce him to too many people at first as it will definitely be too overwhelming for him and it may make him feel quick homesick if he meets tons of new people, as it will then remind him of all the friends he has back home and how he's quite far away from them.
        I hope this helped
        No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Is this your first meeting and closing the distance?!

My boyfriend made a sign once when he picked me up at the airport. I had told him that I wanted someone with a sign to wait for me, like all the fancy business men on my flight and on my next visit he held one saying "My loved Dziubka! I love you!" (or something to that effect anyway) It was ADORABLE!

After such a long flight I'd wait with something to drink (water, d'uh - what where you thinking?!) and maybe a snack? Our flights are less than 2h, but I still appreciate my boyfriend waiting for me with a bottle of water.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Working...
          X