Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying over Christmas! Phone only deals?HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying over Christmas! Phone only deals?HELP!

Hi guys,

So I posted a thread a while ago about deciding when to visit, and basically it's been decided that Novemeber is too soon to visit my SO but my boyfriend is not keen on having to wait 6 months to see each other which was the other alternative. So the only middle ground we could find was me going out there for Christmas. But problem! flights are SO expensive. Like double the price. Any tips on flying over the Xmas period would be AMAZING. like are there certain times anyone's found cheaper? I'm flexible from about the 8th December ish til the 10th of January. And has anyone ever phoned for flights as they seem cheaper?!

Any help would be so apprieciated!

I wanted to go home for Christmas last year but flights are always going to expensive that time of year, no getting around it. I waited to fly home Jan 15- Feb 15 and it cost me under £400 return UK to Canada! It saved me a ton and my mom left the christmas tree up so we could celebrate a late christmas when I got there. I guess I would suggest going in January, save some money and then do more with the money you saved when you get there?

Comment

snow_girl more or less nailed it. I have to fly over in late November, otherwise the flights are 50% more (and I'm talking ~$1800 compared to $2600)

Comment

Christmas is a really tough time to find normal, fair prices, let alone good deals. Can you go later, like snow_girl suggested? My parents wanted to come visit me for Christmas but it was just too much. They are now going to come in February for half the price.

Comment

I *have* to take time of over Christmas as my labs shut and you cant actually get in! So basically I wont be in work from the 20th of December til the 7th of January. The beginning of November as I said he will only have been at his new work for about 6 weeks so him asking for time of might be difficult and going the end of November means ill only be back in work for a week before I have to break up which isn't going to go down well with my boss's, same problem with going end of January!

So that takes us to Feb, which is the 6 month gap between seeing each other that the other half doesn't want (and neither do I, no disrespect to those who can wait 6months and more, i think that's an amazing show of strength and dedication but I don't think it would do my relationship much good to say the least)

So looks like I might just have to bite the bullet and pay the extra £300 for Xmas flights. Seems to be a common problem anyway!

Anyone got experience with phone only deals?!

Comment

Working...
          X