No announcement yet.

Visits while they're busy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ray had to work 2 of the days I was there. He dropped me off at the mall on his way to work and I wandered about doing a bit of retail therapy, and the other day I went and got a manicure, pedicure and general pamper session (maybe the latter you might not want to do).
    I know for def next year when I visit he'll be working most of it and same as when he comes here I'll need to work. It's all good tho cos we'll get to see each other after work. I think its just one of those things x

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
    Second visit scheduled May 2013
    Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

This thread's so useful, my SO is going to have a lot of class-time/assignments to do/volunteers with a political party etc etc so was getting a bit paranoid about becoming a distraction/getting in the way/having nothing to keep occupied with while over there- I almost don't care about my end really, I knew what I was letting myself in for , but I am rather concerned about diverting his priorities . He's def hinted that I could swing this...but I'm sure I can be firm about knowing he has to prioritise school I've told him I will be, haha.

Comment

When I went over to the states to spend three months with my SO he had just got out of prison. As soon as he could he was on the look out for work and within a few weeks he has secured a full time job, which was just super and I was so proud he had accomplished this in such a short space of time, although in my heart I felt sad because I knew I wasn't going to see him much. His hours were 5am-4.30pm. I used to get up with at 4am, make his lunch and spend half an hour talking before he left. During the day, I used to clean the house, watch tv, take care of his grandchildren if need be, make dinner for when he got home. I must say it was really hard going all that way and only spending the evening together, but I wouldn't change it at all.

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

My SO is usually able to take all the days I'm in Finland off, but it's happened that he'd have to work a day or two, usually at the very beginning of my visit. What I usually do is get my things out of the suitcase and sort them out, clean his apartment, cook, and sometimes I'd go to stores to shop for baby clothes for my nephew, which he hates (though he never says it).
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Working...
          X