Sharing an awesome website!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing an awesome website!

So a few days ago I posted here asking for recommendations on what to do in Oregon for Halloween.
    I didn't find anything that I really liked so I decided to look into bed and breakfasts for a weekend getaway.
    I found this website and fell in love!

https://www.airbnb.com

It is amazing!! Basically you rent from other people that listed their rooms or apartments, not really a bed and breakfast though, unless it says so in the listings.
    The listings have reasonable prices and depending on the owners you can use whatever they have in there, they have house rules, amenities, etc. Some of them don't even ask for a deposit like in a hotel or B&B.

So I rented an apartment for the weekend in the country side at $190!!
    It is beautiful, rustic, and away from the city.

I'm really excited and I hope you guys can use that website too in future trips since it's all over the world!

That's awesome! Thank you! Some of the places around where I live are far cheaper (and closer!) than hotels! I showed my SO for future reference, how cool would it be to travel all over the country and stay in some of those cool listings? I saw one to stay in a castle, sure beats any motel.

Comment

Yes! I love airbnb! So much better than hotels. I've used it in San Francisco, southern Spain and Lisbon. It's so much better to have your own little apartment when traveling. Plus, most places have kitchens so you can do breakfasts and some lunches at the apartment and save tons of money on groceries.

Comment

I think this is a fab idea. Hotels over charge all the time. When were away every penny counts, so this is a great site. It reminds me of that film 'The Holiday' with Kate Winslet & Gwyneth Paltrow, where they swap houses......Thanks for sharing

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

SO and I have used airbnb.com and vrbo.com 2 out of the 3 times I went to visit! Love it!
          First met online: June, 2010
          First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
          Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Third visit together: August, 2012
          Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
          Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
          Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
          Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblighty View Post
            I think this is a fab idea. Hotels over charge all the time. When were away every penny counts, so this is a great site. It reminds me of that film 'The Holiday' with Kate Winslet & Gwyneth Paltrow, where they swap houses......Thanks for sharing
            I was thinking of that exact same movie as I was browsing through the website! Some of these places look really awesome to stay in and at a great price! I hope to try this site out one day with my SO!!

Comment

Me and my SO have used it. We stayed at this awesome flat in LA right in Hollywood for almost nothing. Can totally recommend it

Comment

Oh that site does sound awesome!! I'll keep that in mind for future visits with my SO! Thanks!

Comment

This looks cool. My SO and I will need this shortly. Thanks!!

Met online: 1/30/11
                  Met in person: 5/30/12
                  Second visit: 9/12/12
                  Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Wow, this was just what I needed at this moment! Me and my SO are planning to visit Berlin in January, and almost gave up because it was too expensive for him. But with this discovery, it's well worth having another look at it!

Comment

That is such a good idea! Thank you (:
                      Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Oh, this site is amazing! My SO used it to book a place for his visit to my city in December, so we're able to have a bit of private time away from my family (as much as I love them :P). I'm so excited, and the place looks absolutely fabulous. It'll be like a holiday for me, too!
                        "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblighty View Post
                          I thought about The Holiday when I read this too Oldblighty. Sounds great

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                          Second visit scheduled May 2013
                          Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            I'm gonna tell my bf about this site, and sure we're using it soon!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X