Best time to buy tickets early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best time to buy tickets early?

I am planning on going to Sweden from the US for the next summer (ideally around May or June) and I was wondering at what season are the flight tickets the most cheap. Winter? Spring? I can't imagine the summer because I figured that's where they are the most expensive and the tickets usually go over $1500 at that time. I'm still looking for a job at minimum wage, but I just wanted to prepare myself early on at this rate, since it is almost winter already.

Winter (late January, February, early March, except for "spring break") is usually considered "off" times. Mid-fall is also not a heavy travel period, except for around Thanksgiving. You could probably manage a May trip if you really wanted to. Really, it just takes a little luck and persistence, and you can find a decent rate during any season. I ended up booking in the middle of peak travel season and I still got a great rate. xD You have to check randomly until you find a suddenly underpriced ticket to do that.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Summer is definitely the most expensive season to get to Sweden, I've noticed prices rise A LOT during June/July. Your best bet is probably around spring months or winter I've noticed that travelling on a weekday such as Tuesdays or Wednesdays are a lot cheaper than travelling on the weekends. When I was looking at tickets for travelling to my SO, the tickets on a Tuesday (Returning on a Thursday) were about 1330 dollars, while travelling on a Saturday and back on a Friday was almost 3000! However, my SO and I also figured something out.... Depending on the currencies you and your SO are using, there might be an advantage in buying the tickets in the country of your SO! Because of the economical situation in Argentina, my SO bought my tickets in argentinian pesos, and I will bring US dollars to pay him with, that they can trade in for a higher value, meaning we decreased the ticketprice to only 1000 dollars! So you should check out how that would work, and see if there's a difference

Met online: February 2011
      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Working...
      X