Travel adapter/converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel adapter/converter

Hi, I'm traveling to Italy in a few months. I'm planning on taking my laptop with me. I know I would have to get either a converter or adapter, I just don't know which one, or what is a good brand that I can rely on.
    sigpic
    Met August 2012
    Official Nov. 18 2012
    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

They mostly sell them at the airports, but best would be to ask in a computer shop or -department
    We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Almost all laptops are good for 110-240V, so you won't need a power converter just a plug adapter. If you want to make sure, look at your laptop cord, should be written somewhere on it. Here is the plug adapter I've used for years traveling in Europe and living in Africa. It's easy-peasy, super cheap, and has never failed me! I've had the same one for over 4 years and it's still holding strong!

Comment

This website is really helpful for finding out what kind of plugs you need. Since Italy is in the EU, I would go with standard European plugs (Type C).
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

So this one would be useful if I were to use my laptop in Italy?
          sigpic
          Met August 2012
          Official Nov. 18 2012
          Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
          He's visiting April 7-28 2014
          I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Continental Europe uses the Type C plug as kitty said. Google says that Italy supplies 230V/50Hz via its mains so as long as your laptop transformer can handle this, you just need an adaptor!

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
              Almost all laptops are good for 110-240V, so you won't need a power converter just a plug adapter. If you want to make sure, look at your laptop cord, should be written somewhere on it. Here is the plug adapter I've used for years traveling in Europe and living in Africa. It's easy-peasy, super cheap, and has never failed me! I've had the same one for over 4 years and it's still holding strong!
              This information is usually found on the "black box" part of the cord. Most cell phones are universal as well. I do have a converter for my electric shaver and anything else. The laptop and cell phone only need a adapter. The worst thing is I bought a popcorn hot air machine from amazon.uk and it has a UK plug and needs an adapter for the Netherlands too. LOL.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
              X