Tips for Short Layovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for Short Layovers?

Hey everyone. I was just wondering something. In May, I'm flying from Heathrow to Dallas to Phoenix to spend a whole month with my SO (yay! ), and I have a really short layover in Dallas of 1hr 25mins. Are there any tips I should know to help get me through from flight A to flight B easier and quicker? If it helps, I'm on American Airlines for both flights.

Thanks!

It might be cutting it too short since you'll have to go through immigration and customs. It really just depends on how long the lines are that day in Dallas. I missed my 2nd flight once coming into the States through Newark. The lines were super long and my layover was 1 hour 45 minutes, I think. Luckily, they'll book you on a different second flight if you miss your original one. But it might be a long wait or it might not be a direct flight anymore. So just be ready to be flexible.

Just in case, check out the map of the Dallas airport online and find out where the American Airlines terminal and the international terminals are (it may be a different terminal for international and domestic even though you are on the same airline).

Comment

Echoing what mllebamako said, see if you can map out where you need to go ahead of time to avoid any delays. I find that it helps me a lot to know where my next gate/terminal is, so I can start looking immediately when I get off the plane. You will have to recheck your bag, I think, since it's your first entry into the states, so be prepared to find your things and scuttle through customs quickly. Standing in line will probably take up the largest portion of time, so just do your best to be efficient when it comes your turn at the counter.

I think, in general, the lines are shorter during the yucky hours (like 2 am to 7 am), so that may or may not help you.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Working...
      X