This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaccines?

Do any of you guys get vaccinated before you leave for your destination? Is it mandatory? I'm asking because I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to take them or not. The CDC on the site said that I would only need to have my routine vaccines up to date, but I'm still confused. I asked my SO if he had to have any shots before he left and he told me no. So I'm asking you guys. Vaccines - necessary or not that necessary?

Originally posted by ST25 View Post
    Vaccines - necessary or not that necessary?
    Depends where you're going. I see your SO is in Sweden, so I'll assume you're traveling there. For Sweden, you wouldn't need any special vaccines. Like the CDC site says, just check that your routine vaccines are up to date (MMR, DPT, etc).

Comment

I'm not sure what you're still confused on-- the CDC site basically tells you everything you need to know: make sure your vaccines for your home country are up to date, and that's it. That means go to your doctor and make sure your vaccinations are up to date. There are no required vaccinations to enter Sweden. If you have had your Hep A/B shots (which are optional) and the regular ones ("These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-pertussis-tetanus vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, and your yearly flu shot"), there's nothing more for you to get. The chicken pox and flu shots are generally not mandatory shots, but are highly recommended. You should have gotten most of these shots when you were a child if you grew up in the states.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

You are going to the EU not the jungle. LOL. If you have an up to date physical you should already be up to date on shots. If it makes you feel better to check with your doctor again, call the office. You should not even have to go in if they have your records. It is your right to your medical records. I have been over to EU and never once was there an issue with any shots. If you are going for a residence permit in some, like NL, they might make you take a TB test. They don't have any such thing for a short time (under 90 day)Schegen trip like yousr from USA to Sweden.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

You don't need any vaccines if you visit Scandinavia and you're from the US .

Comment

here's the link to the CDC's sweden page (i had it opened looking for a client for the company i'm working for haha) https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destina...er/none/sweden

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Okay then - I just wanted to take some extra precaution since I've heard vaccines can be pretty important when traveling. But since it's just only the routine vaccines, I can relax. =) Thanks, guys!

Comment

Working...
              X