Visa for the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa for the US?

So I bought my tickets to the US today! c: I'll be flying there in November and staying for a month, but I've never had to apply for a visa before and the websites I find from Google searches make it look so complicated.

Has anyone gone through this before (NZ or AU to the US) and are willing to help me out? I think I can get the visa waiver thing but it's all gibberish to me! Links and super simple advice will be very much appreicated!

You can go under the ESTA scheme https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ if you're going for less than 90days.

It costs' $14 to apply and you need to do it at least 72hours in advance of travel.

Comment

VWP is the way to go! Do as 80anthea suggested, it's not a difficult process.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
        You can go under the ESTA scheme https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/ if you're going for less than 90days.

It costs' $14 to apply and you need to do it at least 72hours in advance of travel.
        Ah, thankyou! I did see that site before but didn't know if it was legit or not! Can I apply for it now (four months before I travel)?

Comment

Do it a few weeks before you travel. It is valid for two years so you don't "loose" a few months. But don't leave it until the last minute in case something doesn't work. I think I did it a couple of weeks before my flight

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyama View Post
            Do it a few weeks before you travel. It is valid for two years so you don't "loose" a few months. But don't leave it until the last minute in case something doesn't work. I think I did it a couple of weeks before my flight
            Ah, thankyou! I'm so clueless when it comes to visas so I wanted to make sure I didn't end up with an expired one because I got it too early, haha.

Comment

Working...
            X