Odd packing question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delightful View Post
    Wow! That is a pretty major effort on your behalf, well done haha. I probably won't want to buy too much over there, if anything... we're trying to save as is, and it's more expensive to buy things in NZ than in Australia, but I'll definitely be keeping this one in mind for any future extended trips that we do, or when I go to Bali/super cheap places! Thanks
    I don't think you can avoid buying stuff. Even if I am gone just for 1-2weeks, I try to avoid bringing: hair conditioner (my hair is quite long so bringing from home adds a lot of weight), mouth wash, body lotion/sun lotion etc. Even if you throw some of it away again before the return, it totally pays because overweight is so expensive.
    I have a tendency to bring too many books... which is really heavy so I suggest leaving them to a minimum.
    Try to go easy on sports equipment because that easily gets heavy. I love yoga but I bought myself a pair of yoga socks which weight next to nothing compared to a real mat
    Bring clothes that go together in color/style and that wash easily. bring just 1 outfit for travel, can be the same both ways. and yes you can bring a lot on your body but remember to have an extra foldable bag so you don't get a heat stroke while you are waiting in line
    underwear weigh next to nothing so allow youself a little luxery there...
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I would only take what i need, it's way more comfortable to pack light then taking your whole house with ya. So, no heavy packing for me.

Comment

I had a reality check when my suitcase went missing. I don't need all the clothes as long as I can wash and dry. Really all I needed was 2-3 sets and a dress. For the dress I weighed shoes to find the lighter ones. I don't need lots of options for styling. I just add lip gloss and eye shadow for going out. I usually pack heavier and then I weigh everything and start throwing out. I usually take about 15 kilo, a little more if I bring heavy presents. They never weigh your carryons so that can be heavier, just then it will be a hassle with change of flights.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
        X