Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how time works when you fly internationally at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how time works when you fly internationally at night?

Sorry for the confusing title hahaha, I dunno how to word what I want to ask in such a small space...
    OK... So my SO is flying from Dallas, Texas to Brisbane, Australia. Her nonstop flight leaves at 10PM for a 16 hour flight that'll arrive here at 5:15AM. Will she see any daylight or will it be dark the entire flight?
    ...We've just been trying to figure it out hahaha...
    Cheers ^_^

I suppose she'll be flying to the left where it's an earlier time zone, so she might be able to see some daylight, but I really don't know. That's really hard to figure out :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I am going to presume that she won't get a lot of sunlight, if any. I've left a country before at 10pm and flown to the left and it was dark until right before I landed, when the sun started rising.

Comment

it'll be dark the entire time, hopefully she'll sleep.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. =)
          It's a shame as I think she was looking forward to having a view out the window... But it may make it easier for her sleep a bit more, always gotta look at the bright side. =)

Comment

Have a wonderful time with your SO!!!!

Comment

Wow. I just found this to be quite an interesting question. I love when things make me think lol! Have a wonderful time with your SO...My husband is from Texas...great, great people!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

it'll be dark the whole time she flies depending on the time of year if it's fall/winter in the US it'll be dark, if it's spring/summer there is a chance it still might be sunlight somewhere during the flight.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                X