cheap tickets from Australia to the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap tickets from Australia to the US?

well me and my So wanted to meet for the first time asap and we were thinking for spring break in late march the problem is both of us have like no money at the moment (i have a job on casual employment and she is trying to get one asap) and we were wondering if anyone could help us to get the cheapest tickets possible especially considering we likely won't be booking them till 3-4 weeks before hand depending on when the funds are available

No such thing as a cheap ticket to Australia.

Comment

I recommend using Kayak to compare prices but snow_girl is right; there is no such thing as a cheap ticket to Australia. It costs me around $1500~ for round trip airfare from the US to my SO in the Philippines.

Comment

1200 is the absolute cheapest I've ever seen. And that was booking in advance at a particular time in the year. I would expect to pay more if you're booking last minute.

There's no "cheap" tickets. They just don't exist on this route. And it could even be more depending on what state you're coming/going to.

Met online: 1/30/11
        Met in person: 5/30/12
        Second visit: 9/12/12
        Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

You will not get an inexpensive ticket 3-4 weeks before your departure.

There can be cheap tickets TO Australia, but not from the US. Tickets are generally more expensive if you leave from Australka as well.

Comment

Cheapest my SO got a return ticket to Aus for was 1100 and that was in July (winter time, off peak. booked 10 days in advance). I just recently got a return ticket to the US for 1000 for February with Air Newzealand. I've seen them for $900. You have to be quick though because prices change almost daily (even with clearing your browsers cookies). You won't get one any cheaper than that. We book with STA travel.

Comment

thank you because i know im not going to get there cheaply most round trip prices ive seen are 1850+ but even saving 5 dollars would help thanks for the tips

Comment

I'd also recommend STA travel, I've booked with them twice and my round-trip tickets were around $1700 both times, which was a pretty good deal. I also had to book pretty far in advance. but yeah, it also really depends what part of the country you live in and your SO lives in!

Comment

I helped a friend fly from Australia to Los Angeles back in July 2004 and that was a $1700 plane ticket. Interesting to note that the price hasn't changed much in almost 10 years.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Working...
                  X