Planning an international trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning an international trip?

I'm starting to plan my first visit to my SO and I'm entirely overwhelmed! With figuring out visas and passports and flights and how much I should save my mind is in a whirlwind. So I was just wondering how other couples who have to travel internationally plan these trips out and if you guys have any tips to share. Thanks!(:

If you don't have a passport get one. Then work on the visa. After the visa buy a flight. Going to India will also mean you'll need to get a few vaccines. Do it one step at a time.

Comment

I got my Brazilian visa from itseasy.com. You can get a passport and visa at the same time and it shows you step by step what you need. I just researched Indian visas for my sister through that site. They give you all the information.

You also need to see a travel doctor. You can call your primary doctor and they should be able to refer you to one.

Edit: I needed a flight itinerary for my visa. I bought mine before the visa. But I heard if you book the flight through a travel agency, you can just get an expected itinerary and it might be ok. It depends on the consulate's requirements. You should be able to find out on that site. My sister is going to India in July and already has her ticket and is currently applying for the visa. itseasy also has a 24 hour phone line for visa advice.
      Last edited by teachernicole; January 19, 2014, 10:58 PM.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

I suggest making lists of what you have to do before, like what has to be planned, what you have to buy, to book, everything. Maybe use some place online where you can share the lists with your SO so both of you can contribute. I love lists, because without them I would forget half of what I wanted to do and not nearly get as much done as I do. And it helps me when I feel overwhelmed. I once read somewhere "clear your mind, make a list" and that has stayed with me ever since

Comment

Book vaccines first. They take a while. Or at least talk to the vaccine office

Several visas you can now get online, through the nearby embassy. You will have to send or deliver papers though

The best hotels have security Staff. All hotels have bars in front of windows, as do private homes. I found that disturbing. You may not. Also, be prepared to change flights and long waits in noisy airport rooms. Bring/buy air plugs, water, food and paperback novels

General advice : Check the Airline policy on how much weight you can bring. Consider getting an Electronic travel scale to get it right. I love the prewritten packing lists you can buy in travel stores.
          Last edited by differentcountries; January 20, 2014, 03:26 AM.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

https://1bag1world.com/2014/05/reinv...-packing-list/

And do check about the meals on planes. Most planes exept the cheap ones have food included (the cheap ones sell food on board but remember since there are no orders they can be sold out). I usually contact the travel agency because I have food allergies. The best airlines (like Turkish airlines) have a wide variety of specialty meals you can order, everything from vegetarian to religous food to child meals to food allergies, this choice is usually (but not always) included in your ticket. Many airports also have a list of inventory, so you can for instance see if there are restaurants close to your flight. If I am at a new airport, I usually go directly to gate so I know where it is, then search for food/drinks/toilets, and stores to window (or real) shop in if I have additional time.
            Last edited by differentcountries; September 11, 2014, 06:37 AM.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It can be overwhelming, but you have to take things one step at a time. Save up the money. While you do, apply for your passport. Next, apply for your visa... And finally, when you have the money, buy your ticket. Buy it in advance so you have time to map out where you will stay and what you will do in that country.
              I wish you the best! ♥
              From America to India. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
                If you don't have a passport get one. Then work on the visa. After the visa buy a flight. Going to India will also mean you'll need to get a few vaccines. Do it one step at a time.
                Yes check with your local travel clinic as I did not require any vaccines before going to India.
                From America to India. ♥

Comment

Working...
                X