Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Priceline.com, how does it work for flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priceline.com, how does it work for flights?

Now im buying my plane ticket to go see Denise on Friday, since i cant really go all expensive to buy a ticket, Priceline seems to be a better deal because of the name your own price thing, i put in a $1.00 for the flight i wanna take and the price went to $33 which isnt bad but im wondering do they give you more to pay later on or is that it? If anybody has used this site i need facts before i do this

Seems like a scam >.> I so have to go look

... looks promising... if only I was flying from the US....

*waits to see if someone with experience shows up*
    Last edited by Zephii; August 28, 2010, 07:13 PM.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I believe this is legitimate. My SO used it to book a hotel for us last March for my Spring Break. While we didn't have to pay anymore than they told us, I'd be wary of the airlines. At the least its likely that you'll have to pay for checked bags, and who knows what else. I also read recently that many flights purchased from sites like Priceline are also not valid for frequent flier miles if that's an issue. I think your best bet is to try and contact the airline directly. If you give them your ticket info, they should be able to inform you of any other possible fees.

Comment

well i know i booked my hotel in mystic with Orbitz and that wasent any trouble, i dont know what frequent flier miles are

Comment

I expect that's just the fare. No taxes and charges included. And those can get quite high
          Really wouldn't know about the site and such at all though

Comment

I don't understand that web site.

Comment

well i sent them an email and they told me what i pay ($33) is what they are gonna charge and thats it, so i think im safe with that, i dunno i'll find out on Friday

Comment

Keep us posted! *really curious*
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I bought a ticket once off of priceline and my flight went fine, but I did not do the name your own price thing. It cost around $300. Let us know if they let you on the plane because if so that sounds amazing O_o

Comment

Wow, that sounds like a good deal (if it's true). I hope everything works out! Let us know how it all goes

Comment

I've used the name-your-own price thing and booked the normal way through Priceline, but only for hotels. The name-your-own-price thing got me a $75 4-star hotel in Dallas, so I was pretty happy with that. The only "catch" really was that you didn't get to pick the hotel- they assigned you one that was in the area you picked and the star-rating you picked. So if you're neurotic and have to KNOW the hotel where you're staying before you buy, that wouldn't be the best option. But we weren't picky about the specific hotel, so it was fine for us. And if several hotels will take your same "bid," at that point they let you pick which one you want. I imagine the same is true for airlines. You pick the date/location, but for the cheaper price you sacrifice getting to choose the specifics of which airline and the time of day you fly.

The site is legitimate, I printed out my ticket and stuff but everything was already taken care of through the hotel. We had no problems whatsoever. I've also booked through them for other hotels, and had no problems there. They tend to have cheaper rates than anyone else, as well as lower fees. I'd definitely recommend them.
                      "All you need is love, love, love. Love is all you need."

Comment

How it works is that you choose your price and then it finds an airline that will give you that or the lowest they will take. The catch is that you don't get to pick the flight times and don't know them until you book. There are no refunds. You can have up to 1 stop along the way, no more, and up 3 hour layover.
                        So, if you don't car what time you get there or how long it takes then it is a really great deal!
                        Met: 2.20.10
                        Started Dating: 4.22.10
                        Been an LDR since: 4.22.10
                        First time meeting irl: 6.28.10 - 7.18.10
                        Last time I saw my SO: 9.16.10 - 9.22.10
                        Closed the Distance: 10.9.10

Comment

alrighty thanks! will defiantly be doing this on Friday i really dont care what time i go, or what airline it is lol as long as i get there then its all good

Comment

That's how I feel lol
                            Hope you get a great deal with reasonable times!
                            Met: 2.20.10
                            Started Dating: 4.22.10
                            Been an LDR since: 4.22.10
                            First time meeting irl: 6.28.10 - 7.18.10
                            Last time I saw my SO: 9.16.10 - 9.22.10
                            Closed the Distance: 10.9.10

Comment

well the name your own price thing is bullshit :/ because the lowest they go is $700-800 something, so i couldnt get the ticket today which upset us both but i gotta save up some money and hopefully i can get it next month, and i swear to god i will get it come hell or high water i will, anybody have any places that are cheap?

Comment

Working...
                              X