Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLanning to see my SO in the US...tickets, visa etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLanning to see my SO in the US...tickets, visa etc.

Hey guys,

So, I talked to my SO about visiting him. Now I am looking for cheap plane tickets (from Germany to the US). I actually found one but you can only pay with a visa or mastercard. I don't have one of these (but I should get one cause I need one when I am in the US of course). Do you know any sites where I can withdraw the money or even pay per paypal?

I have a passport. But I don't know what else I have to do like visa etc....can you help me out? I am new to this and really unsure about how to plan my trip.

Thanks alot in advance...=)

You don't need a visa to come here as an EU citizen whose country is part of the Schengen agreement. You're part of the Visa waiver Program, or VWP. You DO need what's called an ESTA to travel to the US, it's no big deal though, it just pre-approves you for entry, more or less. Almost everyone with a clean record is instantly approved. Just read through that link.

The only airline I know that accepts Paypal is British Airways, are they an option for you?

***Edit - Oh wait, I googled airlines that accept Paypal, here's my Google results.
    Last edited by Moon; July 16, 2014, 10:20 AM.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Is your bank card affiliated with a financial company? (For example, my Banque Postale debit card is considered to be a Visa card, so it works anywhere that takes visa cards. But I don't know how it works in Germany) If so, you can probably use it to pay online.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
        You don't need a visa to come here as an EU citizen whose country is part of the Schengen agreement. You're part of the Visa waiver Program, or VWP. You DO need what's called an ESTA to travel to the US, it's no big deal though, it just pre-approves you for entry, more or less. Almost everyone with a clean record is instantly approved. Just read through that link.

The only airline I know that accepts Paypal is British Airways, are they an option for you?

***Edit - Oh wait, I googled airlines that accept Paypal, here's my Google results.
        I don't know if this is relevant to the OP, because I don't know where she's from in Europe, BUT what you said is not entirely true.
        Just for the record
        not all EU-Schengen countries can use the Visa Waiver.
        I don't know about Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania, but I know for sure that Poland is both in the EU and in the Schengen Agreement and they're not in the VWP

(It's probably the only reason my patriotic husband is considering applying for double citizenship when he'll be eligable )

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
          I don't know if this is relevant to the OP, because I don't know where she's from in Europe, BUT what you said is not entirely true.
          Just for the record
          not all EU-Schengen countries can use the Visa Waiver.
          I don't know about Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus and Romania, but I know for sure that Poland is both in the EU and in the Schengen Agreement and they're not in the VWP
          She said she's buying tickets from Germany, therefore I assume she's German, and felt no need to add all the exceptions to the VWP in her case.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
            She said she's buying tickets from Germany, therefore I assume she's German, and felt no need to add all the exceptions to the VWP in her case.

(Theoretically, it could just be cheaper to fly from Germany, though )

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Ok thank you. So, I guess I have to get a visa card first b/c you can pay the ESTA program only with a credit card....

And what if the Customs and Border Protection officer inspects me and won't let me pass through (does that make sense?). Sounds a little scary tbh lol

Comment

Working...
              X