Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA partner visiting UK, visa?

Hello!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, My girlfriend is flying to the UK for the first time in March next year (it'll soon be here!) anyway does my girlfriend need a visa to get in the UK? I looked online but can't find anything and when I went to the US I needed a visa but just wondered if any of the US people on here have needed a visa on their visits to the UK?

Thanks
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

If she's visiting for less than 90 days, she's covered under the Visa Waiver Program, and does not need a visa, she can just go to the UK. You didn't need a visa to come here either, unless you were staying longer than 90 days, or were somehow banned from the VWP, are you sure you aren't confusing that with an ESTA? In either case, only the US has ESTA, so she won't need that, either.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
      If she's visiting for less than 90 days, she's covered under the Visa Waiver Program, and does not need a visa, she can just go to the UK. You didn't need a visa to come here either, unless you were staying longer than 90 days, or were somehow banned from the VWP, are you sure you aren't confusing that with an ESTA? In either case, only the US has ESTA, so she won't need that, either.
      Hello thanks for the reply, yes sorry I meant I went to the States with an ESTA not a visa!!!
      First met - June 2014
      Became official - 14 October 2014
      First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
      I visited Arizona - June 2015
      I visited Arizona- November 2015
      2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
      December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
      May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Comment

USA is on the visa waiver program with UK and many other EU countries, so don't need a visa if she is staying up to 90 days, but make sure brings enough money with her if she is staying that long and proof she is going to return to America after her visit, and that she doesn't bring any prohibited food like fruit in her luggage.

Comment

Working...
        X