Getting over Jet lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting over Jet lag

Any quick fixes for getting over jet lag? It's 2am and I am wide awake! I returned from a visit to my SO 2 days ago and my sleep pattern is seriously disturbed. We have 16hrs time difference. Help!
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

sleep and sleep a lot. then just follow your body clock (and not the clock on the wall) and it will be fine after 2-3 days.
    Been there done that.

Comment

I pretty much do the opposite of summersummer I try to force myself to stay awake during the day and try to get lots of natural light and do as many active things as possible during the day so that my body adjusts quickly to the time change.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
        I pretty much do the opposite of summersummer I try to force myself to stay awake during the day and try to get lots of natural light and do as many active things as possible during the day so that my body adjusts quickly to the time change.
        hahaha with 8 hours time gap I can't even open my eyes for 2 days.

Comment

When I go east I wake up when my body does, and go to bed at a 'normal' bed time in the US... normally means 5am -9pm I am awake.

When I come back west, I get the red eye, and grab what little sleep I can on the plane, sometimes it is an hour, one time I was out for the whole flight lol...

I get home normally around lunch, and then set and alarm and have a nap in the afternoon - 2 hours tops!

I then go to bed at as close to my normal bed time as I can (normally 11-12), and if I start to doze off, get up and move... I set an alarm for 8:30am and get up when it goes off, and repeat the cycle...

I make sure my meal times match 'regular' times in whatever timezone I am in.

In 2 days I am normally functioning pretty well, and in a week adjusted to wherever I am mostly...

Comment

When I came back from visiting my SO I arrived in the morning my time (we have a 5 hour time difference, not a lot I know) and I forced myself to stay awake until the evening. I ended up staying awake for a total of 36 hours before i finally slept.
            Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
            Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
            Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
            His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
            Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
            Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
            Married: June 29th 2018
            Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

Thanks guys...last night I managed to get 6hrs sleep. I forced myself to stay up until my usual bedtime by visiting friends lol. If I'd gone home I would have fallen asleep very early because I live alone and was really tired. I did wake up at 4am but that's just 1hr earlier than my usual time.

Comment

I must be one of the few people who doesn't really get jetlag as I haven't really felt that way, my SO and I have 6 hours time distance. I remember when I went to America once for work in 2011 before I met my SO I adjusted just fine, I felt the same as normal and same sleep pattern. But then again I haven't experienced a big difference in time zones and distance, so maybe that's one reason.
                Last edited by vicks5721; January 8, 2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mllebamako View Post
                  I agree. Doing a 7 hr time gap, some ways were easier but stay up as long as you can, if it means going to bed early like 8 or 9 thats okay at least then you'll sleep over night when you are supposed to

Comment

Oh bugger...I fell asleep on my couch at 7pm and woke up 4hrs later. Tonight will be a long night as I struggle to get some rest. I really didn't intend to sleep until my usual bedtime

Comment

Working...
                    X