saving for flights. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saving for flights. :)

as everyone knows flights are very expensive. i'm trying to raise as much money as possible so i can return to america for when school gets out for my SO! do you guys have any tips on how to save money or even how to get cheaper flights?

Cut out all expenses you don't absolutely need. I hardly buy clothes anymore... Use search engines to compare flight prices and routes.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Buy a big tin and when you get home at the end of the day fill in with all the loose change (including notes if you want) in your wallet or pockets. Once it's full open it up. My friend did this years ago to help for her wedding and had saved over $800.

Comment

put as much as you can afford into the bank, as I know for me having the money in the house is too hard, unless it would work for you.

Comment

More things I cut down on to save money: cds, candy, classes (exept language class), newspapers, jewlery, eating out, memerships of all kinds, concert tickets, tickets for shows + I look in all the cubbords in case there are usable clothes, cosmetics etc. hidden away somewhere
          Stuff I try to get cheaper: food (I have started to look at prices, buy according to the season, shop whatever food is on sale etc.), cosmetics, vitamin supplements (I have a couple of websites where I buy makeup and vitamins), clothes that I really need (winter is here and I need sweaters so I just bought 5 on sale online), items for the house (I save a lot of money just buying a cheap brand of washing up liquid and the like), I brouse sales and cheaper stores for items that we might need - like we needed pictures on the living room wall for our upcoming sale and I found 2 pictures in a cheap store that are really pretty and cost almost nothing. Plus whenever I am in Turkey I buy cosmetics and clothes because that is cheaper there, even the same brand is at least 50 % off.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

If you have you check direct deposited to your bank, open a second account. Automatically have some of your check put into this second account. (I do $50 a pay check but even $10 is something.) You'll get used to not seeing it in your checking account and you'll budget your bills without even thinking about that amount. It can add up pretty quickly depending on how much you transfer.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

thanks guys. i just wish flights didn't rise so quickly :/

Comment

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Also, like someone else said, put aside money every week. I'd start with $50 if you can afford to do that.

Comment

Working...
                X