Travel Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Accessories

On my last trip I struggled to pick out my bag on the carousel because my luggage tag had fallen off on the journey so that wasn't fun.

I'm always on the lookout for new travel accessories now. Bags, luggage tags, flight essentials, anything. If it makes the journey easier and more bearable all the better

I was wondering if anyone had any websites that they use and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks in advance xx
    Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
    Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
    Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
    His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
    Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
    Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
    Married: June 29th 2018
    Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Originally posted by bubblehits View Post
    On my last trip I struggled to pick out my bag on the carousel because my luggage tag had fallen off on the journey so that wasn't fun.

I'm always on the lookout for new travel accessories now. Bags, luggage tags, flight essentials, anything. If it makes the journey easier and more bearable all the better

I was wondering if anyone had any websites that they use and wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks in advance xx
    I find a loud suitcase is easy to spot and not as likely to attract theives. If you can't find one then buy some sturdy neon duct tape and put Xs of neon tape on your bag and it has the same effect. I can spot my bags a mile away.
    Last edited by Hollandia; January 20, 2015, 09:05 AM.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My kids always put the big key chains of their favorite animated characters on their luggage. It makes them very easy to spot and they haven't lost one yet.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Duct tape or ribbon tied to.the handle/wheels? I saw it on YouTube, the sparkly prism duct tape would.be easy to spot I think.
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by Unconditional View Post
          Duct tape or ribbon tied to.the handle/wheels? I saw it on YouTube, the sparkly prism duct tape would.be easy to spot I think.
          Yes the handles are good, I don't do the wheels, but I do also put big X's across both sides too. It makes it easier to find.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
            Yes the handles are good, I don't do the wheels, but I do also put big X's across both sides too. It makes it easier to find.
            Yes that's a really good idea. I think anything shiny or reflective would work well under the lights
            "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Yes that's a really good idea. I think anything shiny or reflective would work well under the lights
              I did a flight alone every 3 months for a few years and toted tons of luggage for my long stays. I find the loud luggage and tape to be better than sliced bread. LOL.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I did a flight alone every 3 months for a few years and toted tons of luggage for my long stays. I find the loud luggage and tape to be better than sliced bread. LOL.
                Lol I bet! My luggage is black and whitr and has daisies on it, but I intend it to be a carry on when I go, so jopefully there will be mo problems there. Traveling alone absolutely terrifies me, but it'll also be a great experience. Planning it is painstaking though.

Comment

Lol I bet! My luggage is black and whitr and has daisies on it, but I intend it to be a carry on when I go, so jopefully there will be mo problems there. Traveling alone absolutely terrifies me, but it'll also be a great experience. Planning it is painstaking though.
                  If you want any tips PM me. I became quite the pro of the suitcase juggle when alone.
                  Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you want any tips PM me. I became quite the pro of the suitcase jugglewhen alone.
                    I will most definetly when I actually get my tickets. I feel like my plans aren't concrete until I actually have the tickets in hand.

Comment

I used to write "Don't forget me " in big sticker letters on my suitcase (and my phone number in small letters) - that was after I had it lost twice by Turkish Airlines. I bet the suitcase was lost because it looked so bland.

Now I have a pink suitcase, I bougt it especially for the colour. I also have a turkquise carry-on suitcase. I am never again having bland colours for my suitcases. I also like to use colourful luggage tags on my bags and suitcases.

Other travel stuff; I have a small bag for all my travel papers (small and white with a Turkisk tile print. I bought it after a Turkish security staff agent claimed that my former, slightly larger black bag "had to be" an Ipad!), warm socks, a battery-driven fan, a scarf to warm my shoulders, an extra set of underwear, travel tooth brush, travel size hand cream, and small snacks like nuts. I buy my stuff from everywhere; airports, pharmasies, book stores, online or local travel stores etc.
                      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I love my laptop tote because it is accepted my "personal item" as a laptop carrier but big enough I can throw a few undies, a shirt and various other small carry things won't fit into my packed carry on.

It is quite similar to this one and matches my other loud luggage.
                        https://www.google.com/search?q=pink...ml%3B650%3B650
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My suitcase is unfortunately black but at the time I had this lime green luggage tag, definitely think I'm going to go buy some tape to put on the handles (although it's my brother's suitcase so maybe I should just go buy a new suitcase, lol)

This is my carry on bag: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...ilpage_o07_s00
                          It's really good, fits my laptop and spare change of clothes plus a load of other stuff too.

I have a travel organizer too because I'm prone to putting all my papers and passport in different places, the organizer just makes it easy. And it's sky blue so I can't lose it
                          Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
                          Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
                          Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
                          His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
                          Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
                          Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
                          Married: June 29th 2018
                          Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

So far, knock on wood, I have not seen a bright pink and black one on any of my flights besides mine, they stick out like a sore thumb.
                            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                            X