Frequent Travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frequent Travel

I'm sure there are folks here who travel a lot to visit.

I'm an 8 or 9 hour drive from my girl. She's in the US, me in Canada. She's there on a TN work visa for 16 months.

My work/leave time is pretty flexible while hers isn't. I plan to visit monthly for several days to a week or two.

Any advice or anything to worry about with frequent border crossings by car from Ontario crossing the border at New York would be great!

I've done the Ontario/NY border so many times (at Thousand Islands). Once per month to once every couple months. I'm going back in a less than two weeks. I've never really had any problems. Like I said in another thread, not by you, the only time I've had very minimal issue is when I told the American Border lady I was going to see my girlfriend. I got way more questioned and she quickly looked in my trunk. I guess they were worried I would come in and never come back. lol But by now I'm sure they see on my passport that I've always come back. Just answer their questions and don't bring over you aren't supposed to. And I always put my luggage in the back seat for easy access if they want to look at it. Unless I bring alcohol, I put that in the trunk. That's about it. If you have any questions, let me know! I've done it soooo many times. lol

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
    Married April 18th, 2015!!
    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Good to hear! I've been across the border many times, but definitely not as frequently as I plan to do over the next year.

Comment

Working...
      X