Dropping my SO off at the Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping my SO off at the Airport

My SO is leaving this afternoon and it's the first time he's flying home since we went back to LD. Normally he drives so this isn't a concern.

I don't know what to do when I drop him off at the airport. I don't want to leave him at the curb saying "see you later", but at the same time I feel like there isn't room for me to say goodbye in the airport since I can't get past security.

sigpic

Usually when my SO leaves, I go into the airport with him and wait until he gets his boarding pass from the ticket agent. We say goodbye there, before he goes through security.
    Wishing you the best

Comment

When we were flying instead of driving, we would stay with the other person up until the entrance to the security line. We would say our good-byes there and usually wait until the other person was out of sight.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
        When we were flying instead of driving, we would stay with the other person up until the entrance to the security line. We would say our good-byes there and usually wait until the other person was out of sight.
        Yeah this is what we did too. We usually got there about an hour/hour and a half before the flight, I would pick up my ticket and then we'd wait until it was about 10-20 minutes before boarding time (says on the ticket!) and then say goodbye at the security line.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I usually go to the airport on transfer bus by myself since he works, but the times he can follow me, we often have a coffee in the cafe before I go past security. We take pictures and hold hands. Before I enter the plane he texts me or calls me, I love to hear his voice. We go there two hours or more before the plane leaves since it usually is an international flight, so we have lots of time even if I have to do security and possably tax free as well.
          Last edited by differentcountries; July 8, 2015, 12:56 PM.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I always go with him to the airport, wait in line with him to get the boarding passes, and then we wait until the very last possible minute to say our goodbyes before he goes through security. Earlier in our relationship, the one going home had to leave and then the other one of us would wait until we couldn't see the other person any more. However, as many goodbyes has proven, it's a lot easier to just decide we're both leaving at the same time. So we kiss one last time, and then go our separate ways. One through security, the other to the parking lot. That way, no one has to really feel like they're the ones walking away, and it's made saying goodbye a lot easier on both of us

Met online: February 2011
            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I wait at the gate with my SO. Still hard to say goodbye though. I feel your pain.

Comment

You are allowed to go to the gate without a ticket, Redheart?
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Last time we got to the airport extra-early, sat together for a half hour just chatting and people watching, so the goodbye didn't seem too rushed. He waited whilst I went through security & stayed til I'd gone out of view. Pre-2001 visitors were allowed to the gate, shame we can't do that anymore but understandable.

Congratulations on being together so long as well

Comment

Working...
                  X