Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time meeting, booking flights for my SO from a different country and visas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time meeting, booking flights for my SO from a different country and visas.

Me and my SO have been together 1 year and 7 months now. I'm in the UK and she lives in America. We're planning a six month visit starting in October so we can spend Christmas together.

I'd like to buy the tickets for her, will the fact I'm in a different country be a problem? Can I just purchase them as her but with my card details? If anyone has experience with this please let me know!

Another thing is visa's. I've looked into this a lot and we've decided there's no way for her to stay longer than six months in our current situation. But I've read that you don't need a visa to visit the UK for 6 months or less, is this true and is there any complications to it?

Any other advice you may have will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot.

That's nice with such a long visit

There are no problems with you buying the ticket for her- just remember to put her name and pass info as passenger, it really doesn't matter who is paying.

You can even put her mail address instead of yours so that she'll get all the info directly.

Comment

The way I did it was I purchased SO'S tickets and then forward the info on e-mail. That way we both had a copy. Just remember to get her name exact including any middle names.

I would advice you to book tickets so that she says a little less than 6 months in case of delays, customs prying etc. Even if that means you will have a week less together it is important to have a margin.

She will also need international travel insurance for six months or more. The easiest way is for her to buy that from her own country.

If she uses any meds, oral
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

The way I did it was I purchased SO'S tickets and then forward the info on e-mail. That way we both had a copy. Just remember to get her name exact including any middle names.

I would advice you to book tickets so that she says a little less than 6 months in case of delays, customs prying etc. Even if that means you will have a week less together it is important to have a margin.

She will also need international travel insurance for six months or more. The easiest way is for her to buy that from her own country.

If she uses any meds, oral birth control etc she may need extra permission to bring a big enough supply for six months .She may also consider to get a UK GP but I am unsure if any insurance would cover it .

Good luck with the trip!
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That's awesome with such a long visit! Same as what everyone else has said - buying her ticket won't be a problem as long as you fill in her details correctly As far as the visa goes, I have no idea sadly, but I'm sure there's a lot of information online if you google it!

Met online: February 2011
          Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Working...
          X