Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can he get a visa to see me in the United States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can he get a visa to see me in the United States?

Hi! I'm new here and my question is, with all the evidence my ldb has to support his returning home (Costa Rica) will he have a chance of seeing me?
    We are planning on him coming in May because of Rock on the Range and my high school graduation. On top of meeting my mom and other family members. He is planning on staying for 2 weeks at my house with my parents and I. Here are the things you need to know:
    1. We are paying for all expenses: airfare, food, housing, spending money. ALL.
    2. I have visited him 2 times in the past year and a half. I'm actually here making this post at his house.
    3. He will have letters from his school (he is still finishing high school due to some setbacks), his work (fast food), and an invitation from my family and I.
    4. We are not planning on getting married for a few years.
    5. This is his first time flying or attempting a Visa. He has gotten his passport.
    6. His mom needs him to return home because he pays for some of the bills and helps his brothers.
    7. He does not own any property and has little money.
    8. He has epilepsy. Could this make him ineligible?

With all of this, does he have a chance? Or will they deny him because they think he is coming to stay? He will be devastated if he can not get one because it is a lot of money he saved. Please give advice or suggestions to make him at best chances of getting a TOURIST visa.
    Last edited by earthlyspirit; January 2, 2016, 10:20 AM.

As long as you have all the evidence required all you can do is apply for a visa. Even then, it's no guarantee he will get through immigration. I was grilled before I was allowed through. It depends on the immigration officer.

Good luck.

Comment

Young unmarried men without property who live in poor nations are the LEAST likely to be granted a US tourist visa. Good luck with the process but keep in mind you might have to apply more than one time. And even then he might never be granted a tourist visa.

Comment

Thanks, I've heard that it sometimes it comes down to what immigration officer you get. I hope he has enough evidence.

Comment

I'd be very, very careful with this. Young men from Latin America have a very poor chance of being granted visitor visas, you need some experienced help and I'd recommend starting with visajourney, and even that is really more geared towards US and EU relationships, I think, but you'll probably be able to get better answers there, or find out where to look. Good luck.
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Just to give you an idea- a poster from here had an SO in Peru. He went to a prestigious college, had an excellent job and owned property. He had proof that he had to be in Peru to take care of his family, etc. He was never granted a visa.

Yes, for the most part it will come down to the opinion of the embassy worker that looks at his case. But, again, I would not get too hopeful. To be completely honest, I think there's about a 5% chance he'll be granted a visitor's visa.

Comment

You would probably have better luck getting them here on a K1 or K3 visa when/if you are ever ready to settle down with him. Until then chances of him entering the US on a tourist visa will likely be little to none for various reasons some of which others have already mentioned in the replies above.

Comment

Working...
              X