Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transit in Dubai?!

Hello there

So I have my flights going back home to London coming up soon and noticed that I will be in "transit" in Dubai for two hours. I am a little confused about this as I thought my flight was just Melbourne to London, but going through the details it says "via Dubai" and two hours in Dubai transit.

I have been to Dubai airport before so it should be still familiar, but do I get off the plane and board again or wait on the plane? There is no information of wich terminal i arrive at for Dubai or departure.
    This is why i am a tad confused.

If anyone has done the same route or had to stop at a transit location I would happily welcome your tips! Thank you

Just double check with the airline I have had stopovers in Dubai before, but what is called a "hidden transit" in Singapore. This is simply for a fuel stop (joys of Australia being down under). This may be what you have in Dubai if you didn't previously know about it and you aren't switching planes. Assuming it IS a hidden transit (and actually, my Dad has had one in Dubai before as well) you will be required to disembark from the aircraft, walk through the terminal and you will board from the same gate you arrived and get your carry on luggage and passport checked at the gate again. Two hours isn't a long period... you'll find you'll have a quick toilet break, maybe a bite to eat, then you'll be going straight to line up at the gate again. Good luck!

"My arms will be your prison" - My Boyfriend [♥] Our LDR Blog!

Started Talking - October 2012
    Started Dating - 08.11.12
    First Meeting - 08.12.13 - 39 days together
    Second Meeting - 16.12.15 - 31 days together

Rosetta Stone Progress
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    22 / 60

Comment

Thank you SmileyK It must be that, just a re fuel or change of crew. I have had a connecting flight from Dubai Airport so i should remember it alittle, so i am okay with this route. It just is a little surprising when information is hidden in your flight details! Thank you for your advice this really helped Sorry for such late reply! I have been to be busy of late to get back on here!

Comment

Working...
      X