Canada to India.. vaccinations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada to India.. vaccinations?

Hello, this post is directed to anyone who has experience with getting vaccinations for going to India..
    Do you know how much they cost? Is this mandatory?

I don't believe it's mandatory (I never showed proof), but highly recommended. I got the Hepatitis A, typhoid, and malaria vaccines. They also gave me an antibiotic to take with me to take if I came down with traveler's diarrhea (never used it, had the opposite issue ). I believe insurance covered the Hep A and a portion of the others, but I don't really remember. Go to your local travel clinic and get an appointment--they can give you better info that anyone on here. Go several weeks before you travel--the typhoid vaccine I took had to be taken orally a few weeks before I was possibly "exposed" in order for my body to build immunity.
    When you travel, make sure you carry both antidiarrhea and anticonstipation drugs...it's a whole different food system and your system might not tolerate it so well. And toilet paper. Take that.
    Above all, do your own research--loads of it. This should be a question you can answer yourself by looking online at actual authoritative sites for all the visa requirements. Research, research, research, take notes, research, have this stuff memorized. Be safe!
    sigpic

Comment

I never visited India in my life but would love to go there at least once.

Comment

Working...
      X