Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used Orbitz or Cheaptickets for International flights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used Orbitz or Cheaptickets for International flights?

My last trip I booked directly through British Airways to Glasgow, however this time I will be flying to Stornoway which BA does not fly too. In fact only one airline does, flybe. Now I could buy direct with the two but I found package deals through Orbitz and Cheaptickets which will save me a good bit, however I have read some nightmarish customer reviews so it has me a bit hesitant. So I am wondering if anyone has used these sites and how their trip went.

Also my other question did your bags transfer from plane to plane when purchasing these packages? You see my options to return are limited, it's a small airport and airline so I don't have many options for times flying into Glasgow to catch my British Airways flight. Just an hour and fifteen minutes between and it would give me peace of mind if my bags would transfer and I wouldn't have to collect, check bags back in and run to terminal. If not I will just end up giving them a call tomorrow, still those reviews have me hesitant. =/

Thanks in advance.

I've used Orbitz with no problems, you just have to know what you're getting into with a ticket place like that is all. Understand that you pay a fee for changing tickets, and you're good.

Re: bags. Generally speaking, bags always auto transfer in domestic and domestic to international, but if you fly international and then have to take a domestic flight, you will have to pick up your bag, go through customs, and then recheck it.

The airline, if it's truly that tiny, *might* have you grab a bag, but it's unlikely. Call and ask. They can tell you.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Ditto to Silviar. I have used orbitz several times for flights from the US to France and the US to W. Africa. It's always worked out fine (make sure to uncheck the box for travel insurance when you are checking out--unless you want to buy it).
      Same thing for bags. You will have to get them to go through customs anyway and then check them back in.

If you may have to change your ticket dates, I would recommend STA Travel. This is for students and young people (under 25 I think). They usually have the best deals when flying to Europe and their change fees are incredibly cheap compared with what you would usually pay.

Comment

Thank you both for your responses. Right now CheapTickets and Orbitz are offering the cheapest deal by a couple hundred dollars. The only thing is I will have only an hour and fifteen minutes between flights when I switch airlines. Miami to London and London to Glasgow will be all BA and last time my luggage went through np without me having to lift a finger. I'm going to give a call to a friend of mine who works for American who is now with BA in their OneWorld alliance. If not I'll practice my sprinting, another friend of mine was able to collect her bags and check them in all in an hour in London Heathrow and Glasgow is maybe 1/3 that size so I know it is possible. Anyhow I'm rambling now, I'll be making loads of phone calls tomorrow but it looks like I'll be going with CheapTickets, an almost 300 dollar difference is a rather nice sized difference.

Thanks again.

Comment

I'm a huge kayak fan I find more flights that way than orbitz

Comment

Originally posted by Kimme View Post
            I'm a huge kayak fan I find more flights that way than orbitz
            I always start with kayak and sometimes they lead me to orbitz as the cheapest.

I LOVE kayak.com!

Comment

I've used cheaptickets. It's great for me, haven't had any issues. I suggest it!

Comment

Working...
              X