Baggage check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baggage check

I figured i would ask this before i left for my trip, how much is it gonna cost for me to check in my luggage and if its alot or if its not should i bring it as carry on with me?

Depends on your airline. Look at their website for "baggage allowances"

Comment

well im taking american airlines and looking it up although its confusing i think it says that if i have one its free

Comment

Looks like, since you're traveling to the UK, you'll be fine with a checked bag. AA's website says you get one free checked bag and one free carry-on (and personal bag, ie a purse or laptop bag).

Definitely remember to pack a change of clothes and some stuff to freshen up with in your carry-on. Hit up a drug store's travel size bins and get an antiperspirant, travel toothpaste, and some mouthwash, as you're allowed 3 small, unopened liquids/gels. (All travel-sized items are TSA compliant.) You should be able to get a clear, plastic toiletry bag as well, in which you can keep all this stuff. Keep all medications in your carry-on, too.

If you wear glasses/contacts, wear the glasses while traveling.

Get a TSA-safe lock if you haven't yet. Most places like Walmart and Target sell them, and they'll have the TSA logo on them (it's a little red and white star-like design). If your lock isn't TSA safe, and they choose your bag to search, they will cut off the lock.

Oh and make sure your checked bag weighs less than 50lbs. The scales at airports can err on the high side sometimes. And if you do decide to check your bag, tie something crazy-colored on it so you can recognize it at baggage claim. I have a huge lime green luggage tag on mine, and my sister wrapped her handles in leopard-print ribbons. Don't use red though. Everyone uses red.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

thank youuuuu!

Comment

Also so you know, a bookbag can count as your personal item. That's what I always do. I just stick my purse in there. None of the airlines I have traveled on have said anything to me about it. Then you can take a little bit more with you that you may need, especially if you tend to overpack like I do.

ETA: This last time I went, I took my bookbag and a small rolly suitcase. I just got back from the UK last week.
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

As far as I know, you can still have 1 checked bag plus 2 carry-ons. Your carry ons can be a back pack (or small luggage) plus a purse/laptop case or something. I usually try to never check bags because it's much more of a hassle to get them when going through customs and such. Plus they could get lost *eek*! Depending on how long you're going for, I would try to make everything fit in a carry-on. See if your SO will let you use their soap, shampoo, etc when you get there so you don't have to lug it around.

Comment

Working...
              X