Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with airsickness/motion sickness??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you deal with airsickness/motion sickness??

I have airsickness every time I am on a plane, but thanks to my fiance who bought ginger chewing gum for me, since then it helped me a lot.
    When I sit in the plane, I take a little bite of a ginger, or when I wait at the airport, I drink tea with ginger taste.

Have anyone tried something els to get rid of the airsickness or motion sickness??

Candied ginger slices help me a lot, and sour stuff like preserved orange peel/lemon slices. Putting a drop of medicated oil above your lip helps relieve it a little bit too. (:

Comment

I also take ginger in various forms. It's soooo helpful! I usually take a few ginger pills and then drink some ginger tea.

They actually have done a lot of studies on ginger and found that it was the most effective "drug" in helping with nausea in chemotherapy patients.

Comment

I can't stand ginger, I think it's horrible.

I bomb myself out on travel sickness tablets and sleep the flight away.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Ginger! Wow, seriously never thought of that before! I will definitely use this. I remember the first time I fly to see my SO, on the way back home, we hit a terrible storm about 10 minutes into the flight, which continued for the entire flight. We were on this tiny little plane that got thrown around. I was soooooooooo sick and light headed. Now that I'm living here, we have to use the tiny little regional planes every time we fly, and you really have to pray for PERFECT weather, otherwise the flight is TERRIBLE.
          I am going to stock up on ginger!!!

Comment

Gravol, thats all I have to say. lol

Comment

I've suffered from motion sickness (car sick, air sick, sea sick, roller coasters, etc...) and I have always used Dramamine. So I've never tried any other medicine, or tried ginger. Although I heard ginger works wonders, as others posted. The only reason I'm kinda iffy about ginger is because I'd rather the nausea not happen at all. It seems like ginger makes nausea go away, and I'm sure it prevents it too but I really wouldn't want to be sucking on ginger all day, it's not the tastiest lozenge in the world. I have never experienced even a hint of nausea/dizziness while on Dramamine, even on rides. And with their newish formula, you only take one pill for all day relief. The only con I have with it is that it will knock you OUT. I use to live in South Korea, and my SO lived in Texas, so my plane ride was about 12 hours, not including the layover and second plane. So that con of being unconscious for hours at a time can actually kinda come in handy as well.
              sigpic
              Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
              Our first LDR ~ August 2009
              Closed the distance ~ January 2011
              He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
              Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
              He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
              Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
              Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

Working...