AIRFARE SALES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIRFARE SALES!

As I've mentioned before, Tuesdays is usually when airfares go on sale and the sale usually last 48 hours.

I signed up with FareCompare and they have compiled the Summer Sales starting today right here:

Summer Airfare Sales on JetBlue, Southwest, Virgin, American, Frontier, AirTran

Restrictions and blackouts apply, yada yada, read the fine print before booking. Good luck!

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

too bad none of those airlines fly from michigan to england :/

Comment

oooo thank youuuu!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jenny_ell View Post
        too bad none of those airlines fly from michigan to england :/
        Jenny, you should be able to take Southwest from Detroit to Newark and catch Virgin from Newark to London...right?

And the American deal mentions fares to Europe: London and Paris?
        Last edited by BabyGund; May 4, 2011, 08:40 PM.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

I miss the airfare sales - they don't do it quite the same way in Oz. Alas. XD

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

FYI, be leery of sites that claim to list Southwest. Southwest only sells tickets on their own website, so that is the only place to get real accurate prices. Also, if you buy them from somewhere else (other than a travel agent I suppose) your likely going to get caught in a scam.

(And full disclaimer: I don't work for Southwest, and I never have. They are just my favorite airline.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thad View Post
              FYI, be leery of sites that claim to list Southwest. Southwest only sells tickets on their own website, so that is the only place to get real accurate prices. Also, if you buy them from somewhere else (other than a travel agent I suppose) your likely going to get caught in a scam.

(And full disclaimer: I don't work for Southwest, and I never have. They are just my favorite airline.)
              Thad, FareCompare is a reputable site. It compiles a list of the fare sales advertised directly by the airlines in one place, with links directly to the airlines' websites for you to read the fine print and purchase.

Comment

i still dont understand how this works. i put in my dates and the calendar said "$730" and then when i clicked search i got the typical $1,300"

I've pretty much given up on trying to get a cheaper flight, it looks like its not gonna happen.

also flying out of another city is more hassle than its worth. ive looked into it and it ends up being almost the same price.

edit: 730 is BEFORE tax. and after tax it is 1300. lame.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
                  Thad, FareCompare is a reputable site. It compiles a list of the fare sales advertised directly by the airlines in one place, with links directly to the airlines' websites for you to read the fine print and purchase.
                  Got it. I know there have been some scams floating around recently with people trying to sell Southwest tickets only to steal your info. But if they're just linking to sites like a search engine then way cool. Every tool to get a cheaper fare helps!

Comment

Jenny - I've heard tales about international flight prices soaring due to fuel surcharges. I watch CNBC during the day as a financial advisor and a story a while back said that fuel surcharges to Europe were running about $400-$500 before you've even priced the airfare. So the $1300 sounds about right, unfortunately. But never give up, always keep looking and trying. And when you find a good deal by ready to pounce!

Thad - the huge scams are in the "buddy ticket" with Southwest. I've heard some nasty tales with those, since they are not worth the paper they are printed on. JMO.

Comment

I recommend checking farecast.com every day. You will start getting familiar with airline costs. The website also makes suggestions if you should wait or buy a ticket, based on previous year prices.

Comment

Originally posted by jenny_ell View Post
                        i still dont understand how this works. i put in my dates and the calendar said "$730" and then when i clicked search i got the typical $1,300"

I've pretty much given up on trying to get a cheaper flight, it looks like its not gonna happen.

also flying out of another city is more hassle than its worth. ive looked into it and it ends up being almost the same price.

edit: 730 is BEFORE tax. and after tax it is 1300. lame.
                        have you guys discussed seeing each other after August, because i had to do that. doing some research September 1st and on they seem to be going down, because the lowest i found so far was $700 something in total when i looked up prices for September. i know waiting longer is depressing but if it will help you save money so you CAN get a plane ticket then it will be so worth it!!

Comment

Working...
                        X