The Cheaper the Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cheaper the Better

Do any of you guys know any good promo codes for flying that will make the ticket cheaper? I'm just flying from Nevada to Nebraska, and I want to know if there is a way to make the ticket any cheaper. I know I'll have the money to fly down there, but who doesn't love a cheap ticket, lol! Any ideas or suggestions would be gladly appreciated! [:
    BEST FRIENDS SINCE: 10/03/2012
    FIRST MEET: 02/10/2016 to 02/15/2016
    SECOND VISIT: 03/30/2016

I Google alottt & check diff. websites for the best deal. Sometimes, it takes me up to a few hours to find the best one but why pay 8 - $900 for a ticket when u can get one for 5 - $600

Comment

Yeah check constantly. I used Kayak, Bing, Yapta, etc. You'll eventually learn what is an average price and what is actually a deal. For some airlines like Southwest you have to check their website for prices. Check daily because deals usually don't last for more than 24 hours. Good luck!

Comment

I have been checking the same website for flight prices, almost daily for the past month and a half. Because it's international, I like to get a good idea of what prices are hovering around, so the longer I've been looking, the more I know what a good price is. I use expedia, but I look up other sights just to compare prices, but I find that expedia always has the same prices in terms of what's cheap on other sites. I spend a long time looking, and I look every day so that I make sure I don't miss anything. Also, don't immediately write off a price that is more expensive, sometimes when you click on expedia flights, it updates the prices to a cheaper price

I'm really hoping to book soon though, I think I'm just getting impatient and just want to be there already, though I have no idea how much more, if at all, prices will drop.
        Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
        First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I just had a lot of success with priceline, myself. Like $300 cheaper than everywhere else.

Comment

Try the flexibility option if you're not strict on what days you need to travel. Originally I was going to take my trip from Sunday to Sunday, but the flexibility option showed if I did Saturday to Sunday, my ticket would be $100 cheaper. I guess I was real lucky on that one!

Comment

I like kayak.com they try to give you cheapest rates for things and you can compare them with any other site. Also, if you have AAA a lot of times you can get discounts on amtrak or car rentals

Comment

Sometimes it's cheaper at different times of day or even on various days of the week. I haven't needed to buy a plane ticket because my SO is a 5-6 hour drive, so good luck! Let us know what you find.

Comment

Plane tickets are always cheaper throughout the week than the weekends - with the airline I'm using for my visit the first week of August, if I flew Saturday to Saturday, it would be $390 plus fees, and when I put in Tuesday through Wednesday of the next week instead (8 days), it was $220 plus fees. Remember that, especially. After you know that, just do a lot of searching. I'm flying with US Airways for this trip, and their website is showing me the best deal. Priceline was next.

Comment

If you wait too much the prices raise, so buy that many months before of fly.
                    Why am I always trying the impossible?

Comment

Cheapest day to fly is Wednesday followed by Tuesday and Saturday. Being flexible about times and days can also make flights cheap. Use something like Kayak.com where you can compare prices from different sites. That's what I do. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X