Favorite airline to fly with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite airline to fly with?

So, my S.O. and I just recently met for a few days, courtesy of the free "weekend" of my study abroad trip. The trip was organized by my university, so I flew American Airlines, however now that I'm back, I'm working out "plans" for my next visit so I can begin to budget, so those of you that fly internationally (I'm US---> UK, if that makes a difference), what are the best airlines you've flown with?

First Met Online: October 2010
    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
    Picking out wedding dates now!

I've flown British Airways a few times and had a very nice flight each time. They were on time, efficient, polite and comfortable. The food was edible, beer and wine were free, and the in-flight entertainment wasn't bad either. Heathrow, on the other hand, is a freakin' nightmare Hope you don't have to fly to/from there!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I always fly from Germany to New Zealand. With Qantas. They're quite expensive, but I like them. They're safe, have a nice staff and the food is also good. Qantas is only interesting for those who want to fly to Singapore, Australia or New Zealand really. I can also recommend British Airways.

Comment

From canada to uk Canadian affair is dirt cheap. I've found one way flights as low as $99

Comment

From canada to uk Canadian affair is dirt cheap. I've found one way flights as low as $99

Comment

me and my SO usually fly american airlines which is cheapest but still crazy expensive and i gotta drive 3 hours to get to a major airport

Comment

Originally posted by knhdarw View Post
              me and my SO usually fly american airlines which is cheapest but still crazy expensive and i gotta drive 3 hours to get to a major airport
              That is the problem i'm seeing too.

Comment

yea cause if i go to the nearest airport from where i live to dallas is about 200 more with a lay over... So id rather drive 3 hours to Charlotte and get a direct flight

Comment

My SO and I both love JetBlue, and I am also a big fan of Southwest, though Southwest doesn't fly to where my SO goes to college.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by knhdarw View Post
                    yea cause if i go to the nearest airport from where i live to dallas is about 200 more with a lay over... So id rather drive 3 hours to Charlotte and get a direct flight
                    I went to Raleigh-Durham, for my direct flight.

I'm definitely going to be checking out all these other airlines though!

Comment

I have used British Airways a couple of times and they were really nice, the food was OK. When I went to see my SO to Scotland I used Ryanair which was... well, it was alright. I have heard it's almost always in time, but of course our flight was delayed with nearly 4 hours due to the bad weather. I found it as a lazy excuse as there were other Ryanair planes landing and departing all the time. But the food we had in the plane was actually good (not free tough) and the staff was really nice, and when we came back to Finland with my friend the plane was early.
                      "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

Delta Airlines. We have a tiny airport, that is the only airline that comes in and out of there... I'm trying to rack up my freq. flyer miles.... also, they partner with KLM royal dutch airlines... I have always been happy with Delta and KLM. Very accommodating. I used to have to leave out of O'hare to get to London, Gatwick, but with cost of gas and parking and it is a 6 hour drive for me to get to chicago it is now cheaper to pay the higher rate to fly out of our tiny airport on the propeller plane. YES... it has propellers... freaked me out at first, but I just try not to think about it. Beats the drive to chicago and back, especially after a 9 hour flight from the UK.
                        Kimberly J
                        https://kimberlyandvernon.blogspot.com/

Comment

For in US flights, I find that Delta is pretty good. (UT to NY and UT to NE. Two different relationships.)

Love you forever and forever
                          Love you with all my heart
                          Love you whenever we're together
                          Love you when we're apart.

Comment

Whenever I need to fly internationally for cheap I go with Luftansa.
                            They usually have the best rates, but then again most of the time I fly to Italy.

As for the airline we fly back and forth in my relationship, Virgin America.

Comment

I like Delta, haven't flown anything else really except when I went to Italy. Every time I'm planning a trip and looking for reasonable airfares Delta seems to have the best prices come up. Most recently I flew to South Korea, the food was good...more than I knew what to do with haha. The flight attendants were friendly and the staff at each Delta counter has been friendly and really knowledgeable.

Comment

Working...
                              X