booking a flight online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

booking a flight online

So my SO is booking a flight online, through expedia.com or anoother travel site.
    I was wondering if you absolutely need a printer or is it possible to just book the flight and write down the info you need?

Any help would be useful as a printer is a rare thing for him at the moment...

I always print my boarding pass at home but I think most, if not all, airlines have a print your own boarding pass kiosk at many of the airports. Otherwise, he might try going to a public library and printing a copy from there for a small charge. You can go up to the ticket counter and give them your flight confirmation # and they will print a boarding pass for you as well.

Comment

You don't have to print the boarding pass. I just show the airport staff the confirmation email and they will print the boarding passes for you. Or if you're at one of those self check in stations, you don't even need the confirmation, just your passport. (:

Comment

You can check in online (so you get a better seat! Check in exactly 24 hours before the flight, it gets you in quick) and pick the passes up at the airport!

Love you forever and forever
        Love you with all my heart
        Love you whenever we're together
        Love you when we're apart.

Comment

I always print my boarding pass at my uni's library too. It's faster and I like being able to chose my seat.
          But it's really not necessary. You can print your boarding pass at the self check in stations or (I don't know if that applys for all air lines?) get a mobile boarding pass on your phone. The last time I did that but I got a printed boarding pass at the baggage drop off anyway

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I always print my boarding pass at my uni's library too. It's faster and I like being able to chose my seat.
          But it's really not necessary. You can print your boarding pass at the self check in stations or (I don't know if that applys for all air lines?) get a mobile boarding pass on your phone. The last time I did that but I got a printed boarding pass at the baggage drop off anyway

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help! He's planning on going to the library tonight to print it off. I hope it all works out!

One more thing to confirm though, for those of you who didn't print them off (or I supposed still did) did you buy them through a third party site? Like the travelocity or something?

Comment

I always buy my ticket through expedia or some site like that, because it's cheaper than buy directly at the airlines.
              I don't think it makes a difference either way

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

It's not necessary to have a boarding pass when you check in, they will print a boarding pass for you at the counter. If he has a passport he can use that to check in, and most of the kiosks have a thing that will scan the passport and then print the boarding pass. If he wants to be extra careful, just write down the itinerary number which is what I did. When I flew home from China I didn't have access to a printer either so I just handed them my passport and gave them the itinerary number and it worked just fine. I also did the same thing when going to and from Phoenix AZ. Both times I booked my tickets on expedia, the only thing i would suggest is making sure that you go to the website of the actual airline and confirming that the confirmation number that the travel agency gives is in the airlines' records.

我爱我的男朋友我。现在我们一起。

Comment

Thanks guys for all the advice! We got the tickets booked and he's gunna be here in two weeks!
                  First time meeting eachother soo... fingers crossed that everything goes well!!

Comment

Working...
                  X